Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adenium seeds

Posted by karyn1 7a (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 7:55

I still have a couple packets of adenium seeds left. I collected these last month while in FL. I planted a few and got 100% germination. I'm 99% sure they are from an ordinary pink blooming plant. If anyone wants some please post here.

Karyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adenium seeds

Oh I'd love a few! Don't care of color or anything. Just the experience. I'd ordered some that never came in and finally got my money back.

Kirk

o

Kirk please send me an email to my AOL address. There's no email listed on your member page and the GW mail is unreliable.

o

Sent. Thanks!

o

Hi Karyn, if you still have some, can I have a few? I like Adenium so much but in my area it's hard to find any at the stores. Thanks.

o

MyLan I sent you a message thru GW.

o

Karyn I love to try and grow some Adeniums. If you have any left can I have a few?
Thank you.
Maria

o

Again, thanks for the seed trade, Karyn!

I have 4 sprouting already but in this pic you can only really see 2 of them.

Kirk

o

Glad to see the babies Kirk. I'm an aunt. lol You should have excellent germination with fresh seed. I am now out of seeds but will have extra seedlings once it warms up. I just planted the tray of seeds to test the germination before I offered them and will likely not keep any.

o

Karyn, I got the seeds today, they looks great. Thank you so much and I'll keep you inform. MyLan

o

I sow 4 seeds today, there are 8 seeds but one was broken in half, should be by the mail transportation. I'll so thrill to see the germination of these babies. MyLan.

o

Just keep them warm, bottom heat if possible, and you should see them sprouting in about a week. I'd get the other 3 planted soon as you have better germination with fresh seed. Good luck.

o

Hi Karyn,

Do you have photos of the mother plant or flowers? Would love to see what I missed. :)

o

I don't have any pics. I was at a nursery in FL and one of the ripe pods just happened to find it's way into my bag ; ) These were large impressive looking trees but I believe that all were the common single pinks. I'm going back in a couple weeks and will hopefully get back to that nursery. If so I'll take some pics then and maybe another pod will fall into my bag. lol

o

Oh! Lol! I read about that incident. You were in the right place at the right time to save those babies. And that unpleasant woman was no help. :)
You go girl!

o

Karyn, it's over 45 days since I sow those seeds, none of them were sprouted. I'm so sad and dig them up today, they were rotted. I may be doing something wrong or it's the winter here the seed could not sprout. MyLan

o

Sorry to hear that. You probably had them too wet, too cold, planted too deep or a combination of all the above. Everyone else, including myself, had excellent germination as far as I know. Unfortunately I don't have anymore but if I get some I'll post another offer.

The seeds should be soaked in warm water for about 8 hrs prior to sowing. They should be planted just below the soil, kept warm and the soil needs to be lightly moistened, not wet. If they haven't sprouted within 2 weeks it's likely they won't come up at all and have probably rotted.

o

Karyn, per your instructions, I did not do anything right. I'll try again if I have a chance. Thanks a lot for your help. MyLan

o

• Posted by sbrow156 Cairns QLD Australia (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 16, 13 at 19:47

I think it may be the climate too...i think i buried mine from my plant too deep and i drenched it in water but i have had a good many sprout so it must just be climate too...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here