Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

Adenium seeds

karyn1
11 years ago

I still have a couple packets of adenium seeds left. I collected these last month while in FL. I planted a few and got 100% germination. I'm 99% sure they are from an ordinary pink blooming plant. If anyone wants some please post here.

Karyn

Comments (18)

• kodom087 z9a
    11 years ago

Oh I'd love a few! Don't care of color or anything. Just the experience. I'd ordered some that never came in and finally got my money back.

Kirk

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kirk please send me an email to my AOL address. There's no email listed on your member page and the GW mail is unreliable.

• kodom087 z9a
    11 years ago

Sent. Thanks!

• MyLan153
    11 years ago

Hi Karyn, if you still have some, can I have a few? I like Adenium so much but in my area it's hard to find any at the stores. Thanks.

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

MyLan I sent you a message thru GW.

• MariaTR
    11 years ago

Karyn I love to try and grow some Adeniums. If you have any left can I have a few?
    Thank you.
    Maria

• kodom087 z9a
    11 years ago

Again, thanks for the seed trade, Karyn!

I have 4 sprouting already but in this pic you can only really see 2 of them.

{{gwi:354030}}

Kirk

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Glad to see the babies Kirk. I'm an aunt. lol You should have excellent germination with fresh seed. I am now out of seeds but will have extra seedlings once it warms up. I just planted the tray of seeds to test the germination before I offered them and will likely not keep any.

• MyLan153
    11 years ago

Karyn, I got the seeds today, they looks great. Thank you so much and I'll keep you inform. MyLan

• MyLan153
    11 years ago

I sow 4 seeds today, there are 8 seeds but one was broken in half, should be by the mail transportation. I'll so thrill to see the germination of these babies. MyLan.

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Just keep them warm, bottom heat if possible, and you should see them sprouting in about a week. I'd get the other 3 planted soon as you have better germination with fresh seed. Good luck.

• Tracy33183
    11 years ago

Hi Karyn,

Do you have photos of the mother plant or flowers? Would love to see what I missed. :)

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I don't have any pics. I was at a nursery in FL and one of the ripe pods just happened to find it's way into my bag ; ) These were large impressive looking trees but I believe that all were the common single pinks. I'm going back in a couple weeks and will hopefully get back to that nursery. If so I'll take some pics then and maybe another pod will fall into my bag. lol

• Tracy33183
    11 years ago

Oh! Lol! I read about that incident. You were in the right place at the right time to save those babies. And that unpleasant woman was no help. :)
    You go girl!

• MyLan153
    11 years ago

Karyn, it's over 45 days since I sow those seeds, none of them were sprouted. I'm so sad and dig them up today, they were rotted. I may be doing something wrong or it's the winter here the seed could not sprout. MyLan

• karyn1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry to hear that. You probably had them too wet, too cold, planted too deep or a combination of all the above. Everyone else, including myself, had excellent germination as far as I know. Unfortunately I don't have anymore but if I get some I'll post another offer.

The seeds should be soaked in warm water for about 8 hrs prior to sowing. They should be planted just below the soil, kept warm and the soil needs to be lightly moistened, not wet. If they haven't sprouted within 2 weeks it's likely they won't come up at all and have probably rotted.

• MyLan153
    11 years ago

Karyn, per your instructions, I did not do anything right. I'll try again if I have a chance. Thanks a lot for your help. MyLan

• sbrow156
    11 years ago

I think it may be the climate too...i think i buried mine from my plant too deep and i drenched it in water but i have had a good many sprout so it must just be climate too...