Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Request Photo's - 1yr. Old seedlings

Posted by rcharles 7b (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 25, 12 at 18:23

I have a request if anyone could post photo's of Adenium seedlings that are around a year old to date.
Just interested to see growth rate of seedlings raised in different climates and conditions given.
Hopefully others would find it useful and of interest?
Rick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Request Photo's - 1yr. Old seedlings

These are all between 12-16 months. As an experiment I cut the first 2 back a couple times starting when they were really little, just a couple sets of true leaves, to see how they developed. The last time they were pruned was about a month ago. I usually wait at least a year to trim them back and only prune once until they've really put on some size. All of these are short. The one that wasn't pruned is the tallest and is only about 4". Likely because it was severely neglected. I had forgotten about it and found it a few months ago in terrible shape, still in a shallow seed tray. Who knows how much water it received and it had never been fertilized. It's improved but appears stunted. The pruned ones are butt ugly now. I don't know if I'll like them any more later or not but I'll stick to the first pruning when they are older.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

I have several growing from seed this year around Feb/March. These are the better bunch. One flowered this week! I'll post it separately. I'm a proud mom!

o

Wow...Tracy, those seedlings look great....fat caudexes already.
Marie

o

Marie, Thank you!

As I scan my photo I see that most of these have a popsicle. That means they are white and where sowed in May. :0).

o

Hi Rick--

I started these plants at the end of November last year. All of them are between 5"-6" tall (also, please ignore their scraggly, semi-defoliated appearance; they are dormant for the winter!)

--Jordan (WonderWeasel)

o

Hi Jordan,
You have really nice seedlings there. Congrats!

o

Jordan,
Those are very nice seedlings. Hopefully they will show there true colors for you this next year.
Rick

o

Thanks!

I'm hoping I'll get a bloom this year. I have one I started two years ago, and it looks like it's getting close.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here