Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

My New DR's From Rinoa (Taiwan) !!!

Hello Everyone!!

Here are my pictures of my Adenium Obesums that were sent from Rinoa in Taiwan.

Marie.. I agree that this was not the right time of year to purchase and a little risky, but some friends on the Florida Plumeria Society asked and wanted to see if I wanted to go in with them on a shipment.. How could resist? lol!!!

They were packed beautifully and were so clean.

Here is the list that i bought:

Singles

Seastar

New Yellow

Goldfish

Doubles

Gloria

Violet Heart

Easy Breezzy

Miracle

Here are some pictures of them from the box and then potted up in Gritty Mix.

I just love them!!

Also a pic of my crosses from Mark D.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Laura

{{gwi:70726}}

{{gwi:70728}}

{{gwi:354788}}

{{gwi:354789}}

{{gwi:354790}}

{{gwi:354791}}

Take care..

Laura

Comments (18)

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

Laura,
    Those are beautiful looking specimens. You are going to have some wonderful plants and I look forward to seeing flowers from them.
    I do not blame you for jumping in and getting these plants. I would have jumped as well.
    Seedlings looking very healthy.
    Rinoa has some beautiful choices.
    Rick

• Marie Tran
    11 years ago

Laura, wow... those are beautiful.... I love your mix as well.
    These flat grafts heal very well, and will be strong branches later on. I heard good things about Rinoa and great price too. She also sent me a catalog and I forwarded it to some friends.

Good luck to you Laura, and please keep us post of these specimens.

Marie

• karyn1
    11 years ago

Nice looking plants and the graft scars are almost invisible. How long did they take to get to you from Taiwan? Your seedlings look great too. I can't wait to see blooms next year.

• kodom087 z9a
    11 years ago

Those are some great looking plants and seedlings!

Kirk

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    11 years ago

Laura,
    Great new plants,thanks for sharing.
    Could you share the web site for Rinoa, I can't seem to find it so maybe I can order when the weather gets warmer. Thanks
    Sharon

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

Sharon,
    Not to intrude, but I know Rinoa has it on facebook 'Orient Adeniums'
    Or eBay (only seeds) tw-adeniums . I am sure Rinoa would get back to you and send list of what is available.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello Everyone!!

Rick.. LOL.. I couldn't pass this offer up and i was worried about themm sending them up from Florida to Virginia, but that particular week we had mild temps..so i wss pleased..it is a diccicult ime to order.. but i had to go in with the others.. the cost of the shipment and the certificate was worth sharing with friends. I am very gald i did.

She sends some beautiful specimuns. The gentleman whii inspected the in Florida said theat he wished they were all as clean as hers. He even said they were beautiful!! : )

Marie.. I also like the flat grafts..they look really good and i will say that some are even hard tell which are grafted.. They all are, but most look really good and hard to tell!!
    I used and mixed my own version og The Gritty Mix...I LOVE this mix for all of my DR and such!! They love it too! Thanks for respomding to my mix Marie!!!

i CANT WAIT TO HAVE BLOOMS NEXT YEAR!!!

Karyn... it only tood three weeks at the longest time.. I would say about twoo weeks and then they had to be inspected in Flosridaa.. The Don sennt then to me here.. If you eve want to go in on a next shippment let me know.. i will fill you in if that happens.. you would love it!!

The grafts sre very clean.. the cleanest that i have ever seen. Don sen me one from Thailand from his gal and hers is a V shaped cut and it does show a different size difference, but it is already back budding now..i have them in the greenhouse.. Please wish me luch for blooms next year!!! Karen from Florida sent me a few Aradicums too! SO i have to pot the up... If you are interested in somme of my crossed from Mark Dimmitt Arab X Odes.) and such, i will gladly sent you some!! You arew so nice to me when i started.. Pay basks!! ;-)

Kirk,

I have one with your name on it as well!! Thanks!! Dont forget to send me an email come spring and what seedlingds you want ok?

Sharon..I woulld agree with Rick..you can reach here there unless you have a cataloge with her things listed.. If i can get my hands on one i will share with you. My friends in Florida will send me a cataloge if i ask!! It will get you in trouble!! LOL!!

I just love these babies..

Don Herron sent me a minature Dr and i planted in in with my Gritty Mix annd i sank a rockk around the roots in the hope that in a few year, i may have a root over rock in my roote in this beauty. I already have it in a training Bonsai container and i just love this little beauty.. i need to post a pic!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.. I feel that i have Pumpkin pie up to my eyeballs right now.. TOOOOO full!!! HHHA!

Take Care,

Laura

• karyn1
    11 years ago

Laura please do let me know the next time you are placing a group order.

Thanks

• Marie Tran
    11 years ago

Sharon, I sent you catalog in your email.
    If anyone want to see the catalog and price let me know, I will forward the email to you.
    Marie

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    11 years ago

Marie,Laura,and rcharles
    Thank you all so much for the help. I also love these plants,the winter here in Ohio is hard on them. I will order in the spring,thanks guys.
    Sharon

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

In response to Laura commenting on what the inspector said about Rinoa's plants cleanliness, is a comment I have read from a number of people. The attention to detail and quality means a lot.

• kodom087 z9a
    11 years ago

I wouldn't mind taking a look at the catalog, Marie. Although it may be a bad idea because I will just be looking at things I can't buy until spring. LOL

Kirk

• kodom087 z9a
    11 years ago

Oh, and Laura, thanks for that offer! I'll be happy to accept and will email you come spring. :)

Kirk

• teyo
    11 years ago

because this lady doesn't have a decent web page, and personally i hate facebook with a vengeance, i've decided to upload her updated catalog to a file host and post the link here, for those like me who had a harder time reaching her:

http://dropcanvas.com/2mw5k

i hope her practice doesn't become more common, i mean anyone can make a web shop in 5 minutes these days, without exposing their customers forcefully to mega social networks.
    that said, she does seem to have some nice plants.

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    11 years ago

One can contact Rinoa through eBay also. Plants are not sold on eBay, but Rinoa would reply, if a catalog was requested. Most definitely would acknowledge this.
    It is sent in a PDF form. Quite simple.
    Mary has the info.
    Rinoa has been involved with growing Adeniums and hybridizing for many years. Has a vast knowledge of these plants.

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello Everyone!!

Just wanted to say that i'm sorry for all of the typos.. Arggg.. I reread my post and i was so tired that night. I had been flying all day and i didn't check before i hit the send button. Most of you know what i was trying to say.

So sorry.. ;-)

Laura

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Somebody's been bizzy! Very good-looking adeniums, Laura! You're going to have a stellar year in 2013. Can't wait to see pics!

Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Jen,

Trying to keep busy!!!

k JUST REC NEWS AND NOW THEY WILL HAVE TO GO TO UNC FOR MORE TEST FOR THE LITTLE ONE...Please keep your fingers crossed..prayers too!

I can't wait to see blooms this year!!!!

XOXOXO

lAURA