Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whats the soonest that DRs are known to flower?

Posted by LocoGuy none (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 12 at 22:04

My little tree (Adenium)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whats the soonest that DRs are known to flower?

I had one seedling flowered exactly 4 months and 12 days.
It is normally take about 8 months for hot weather and 1 year for colder weather.

Your little guy is very cute.....

Marie

o

Very neat looking little Adenium. Good for you. Healthy little guy.
Rick

o

It's never been sooner then 2 years for me, even when I don't prune them.

o

Very cute!
My first flowered at 11months.
Give us more info---How old is it? What size pot is that? What was the seed name /source?
Mike

o

• Posted by sbrow156 Cairns QLD Australia (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 19:14

So cute! Hope my seedling flowers soon! but unfortunately i think its a while off....the ants were getting to it inside under the light so hubby put it outside. Then it got sunburnt leaves and the new leaves at the top shrivelled up n turned black :( Also while teaching a violin lesson one of my students siblings pulled off the leaves and now the spots the leaves were has gone all black and gooey looking :( i am scared it will die...i hope not though...your plant is so cute and tiny to have a bloom. I am jealous :P

Sarah

o

Ooops, I thought I sent this earlier. This is not my plant, just a pic I found. Wish mine would flower at this early stage.

o

That is too funny. You had us all going. Either way, a nice plant.
Wonder if it is one of the Dwarf forms or a 'Plastic' as some Adenium growers use?
Small leaves and multiple branching.
Nice.

o

Ooops, I thought I sent this earlier. This is not my plant, just a pic I found. Wish mine would flower at this early stage.

o

My phone posted it twice

o

Wow, Marie, that is really young to bloom. I thought they'd take at least a year-and-a-half to reach maturity. Do you just use the same potting mix and fertilizer as with the big ones?

My seedlings from this past spring look nowhere near ready to bloom yet. None are even as big as the one pictured at the top.

Should I be fertilizing the seedlings over winter, too?

o

Jandey, in 2010 I was so crazy with seedlings. I bought so many seeds, sow them and got about 160 seedlings. The weather was very hot that summer and they grew so fast. I used about 20 tall ones to braid.
One seedling gave me first flower after 4 months and 12 days, but many bloom after 6 1/2 months.

The caudexes about 2 inches and were looking so good, but that also a very cold winter and most of them died.

I sow more seeds in summer of 2011 and now they all ready for graft next summer.
Marie

Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here