Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any correlation between flower color and seedling stem color?

Posted by summersunshine 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 9, 12 at 23:20

The variation in seedlings is very interesting. Some are tall, some short, some thicker and some thinner.

Some have lighter stem/caudex areas while others are more strongly green. Has anyone noticed if how pigmented the stem of an adenium seedling is has any prediction of what color the eventual flowers will be?
I know that in Clivia you can sometimes get an idea of if the flower will be orange vs. yellow from how pigmented the base of the plant is.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any correlation between flower color and seedling stem color?

There was mention from a few growers that seedlings that retain a green stem will possibly be white, but it is not a documented fact.
Many of the seedlings I have are still quite green and they are a year old. If I go by what color they are supposed to be (by pod parent) it should not be green. This is all out the window sort to speak as the seeds will not come true necessarily to parent plants.
I guess I will have to wait and see with mine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here