Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should I water

Posted by kuroc z8 AR (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 4, 13 at 9:50

I rescued an adenium from walmart.
I did't know there was a adenium forum so I posted about it in the cacti and succulent forum.

Should I wait to water until there is new growth?
Also I have it growing under lights on my plant stand.

Here is a link that might be useful: rescued an adenium from walmart

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should I water

Kuroc,
Yes. Water it. CHeck the soil and make sure it is dry, but I water mine all winter long.
It's a little too early for you mabey, but I use Foilage Pro diluted per gallon on mine. They absolutely love it.
Looks good.
Never heard of cinnamon on your cuts, but let us know how it works out for you.
Thats a nice caudex there, I saw one at Walmart, but the rot was really bad and it was real soft. Poor thing.
Next spring I really want to get another one with multiple colors in the flower.

o

Looks good. And I would also water lightly especially If you repotted!!

I would have waited to trim , but you went ahead with full force!!! Maybe next time leave more of the bottom branches to allow more back budding instead of cutting them back so closely. You did a great job!! I hope it works for you. I have heard of cin. Used, however,,,, I like to use waterproof wood glue to seal the cuts o prevent rot as well as any other insect getting in their to set up home!!!

Great find!! You did a great job repotting too!!! Give some light since you trimmed so it can try Nd grow instead of going dormant and having issues..

Take care,

Laura

o

I trimmed because I didn't want the rot that was in the upper limbs to spread and cimmion can be used and an anti-fungal.

o

Looks good!!!

Laura

o

Well the rot went a lot deeper, into the caudex even.
So I had to cut the caudex back to healthly tissue it's fine now. Anyone want to see a pic of what I had to do?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here