Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lost leaves

Posted by meviva 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 11:54

HELP!! My adenium has lost all its leaves. At first the new leaves were coming wavy....then they all turned brown. I had them in direct Arizona sun and I thought they were sunburned. Then I think I over watered it. It's been over a week since I watered and the moisture meter still indicates wet. The caudex is firm. Will the leaves grow back? Do I need to cut the branches to encourage new growth? This is my first adenium so I don't have much experience.

Thank you,
Andrea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lost leaves

Andrea, welcome to the forum.
Your DR's caudex is still firm....you good.
No cutting branches now, not until spring....leaves will grow back.
Only cut down water.
Marie

o

Just leave it alone. It's gone into dormancy which is normal this time of year. Like Marie said don't cut it and water it sparingly, maybe once every few weeks, if that, until the foliage resumes growing. It doesn't need light but it still needs to be kept warm.

o

Thank you to both of you. I was really worried that I killed it.

Andrea

o

Many reasons for the sudden drop of many leaves. One of which is applying too much fertilizer that is causing some form of rot.

If I can list it out. Basically there are two phases of rot. The first is when the root reactively dries up from too much fertilizer followed by root rot. And the second and final phase of which is when the root rot spreads to the caudex and and cause it to rot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here