Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this a disease?

Posted by jalilu Sunset Zone 23/24 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 27, 12 at 13:45

Hi

My DR caudex, purchased last June, is not looking good. Could it due to excess of rain? I also noticed a sort of spider web at the base of leaves (red spiders?). These were turning yellow. I treated that with a mix of biological soap, methanol and sunflower oil.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this a disease?

It's clearly evident that the base of the stem is partly rotted. When was this picture taken? Seems like the plant is in the sun, which is a good thing. Is the plant actively growing? If it is, there's nothing to worry as I believe it's on it's way to recovery. But if it's not then I would recommend that you take the plant out of the pot and wash off all the soil from the root and hang it up to dry for about two weeks. There after make sure the rotted part is clean and dry before potting it up again.

Hope this helps.

o
RE: Is this a disease?

Thank you for your reply Tolip. The picture was taken yesterday. There are still some green leaves. I am not expecting much growth in this season because the temperatures are in the 50-68 range. Maybe too much rain caused the caudex to rot. Since then, I moved the plant to a place more protected from the rain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here