Return to the Adenium Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Slow season for adenium?

Posted by ltran54 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 15:16

This morning I was on the way to pick up one of my girlfriend for a co-worker goodbye party. When she opened her garage door, wow, I couldn't believed eyes.
This girlfriend was not even a plant person. She had few other plants but nothing major to mention. She had only one DR and still in full bloom. Look closer at the caudex, most of it still deep under neat of soil, and the buds bloom right at the base of the caudex. She didn't even used good drainage soil or know very much about taking care of this plant, but it was very good to her. She said, it blooms all year around.
Houston had cold weather for the last 2 weeks, and so plant was inside the garage without any light.

I can't leave without taken these pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Slow season for adenium?

Nice looking plant. Im moving to Houston in about a week. Ive never lived anywhere where it gets below 65-70. Im going to need tips on how to to take care of plants.

o

If that's how it looks without light for a couple or so weeks then I bet it's really amazing when it's outside in the right conditions. Very nice plant she has!

Kirk

o

Nice looking plant. Im moving to Houston in about a week. Ive never lived anywhere where it gets below 65-70. Im going to need tips on how to to take care of plants.

o

LocoGuy, welcome to Houston, where the winter is mild and summer is very hot. Only few days in winter will be under 30 degree, you could handle it without any trouble.
Need tips for taking care plants, this forum is a good place to start.
Marie

o

Beautiful. I guess it's just adapted extremely well to it's less then optimal conditions. Then there's those of us who try and provide optimal conditions whose plants don't look half as nice. lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Adenium Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here