Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sam401_gw

I have TWINS!!!!

sam401
10 years ago

I'm new to growing adeniums from seed..... actually I'm new at growing anything from seed! I planted my seeds last weekend (30/11/13) and most of them have sprouted and are growing so fast! One of my 1 week old seedlings is almost 3cm tall!!

Anyway, to my suprise i found 2 seedlings had popped out of the one seed!!! Does that happen alot? what are the chances of them both surviving and thriving???

Here are some happy snaps!

Comments (22)

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Don't know how to put more than 1 photo per post.... Can you tell i'm new at this??? :D

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is my 'Big Boy'

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And the twins!!!

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Look what I found in the 4 day old batch (planted 4/12/2013)...... I think its more twins! Definately looks like 2 stems! I will post another photo in a couple of days when they stand up.
    I'm so excited!!

• rooftopbklyn (zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Looks great Sam! The twins are adorable. All of your seedlings look very healthy.

Do you know what species they are? (obesum, arabicum, socotranum, etc?) What kind of soil are you using?

Daniel

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Daniel!
    Thank you. Im amazed at how quickly they grow and how well they're doing!

Its just a regular seed raising mix, , when they're at re potting age I'll put them in a cacti mix. Its hot enough here that I stiill have to water them every second day .

As for the apecies.... I think they're obesium seeds, I got a mix form ebay to try it out.

Have a good day!
    Sam.

This post was edited by sam401 on Mon, Dec 9, 13 at 4:57

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

10 days old, so proud!

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

These are my 10 day old twins

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And these are the second set of twins I found, these ones are 6 days old.

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And these are the second set of twins I found, these ones are 6 days old.

{{!gwi}}

• ElliotSwan
    10 years ago

awesome!! the twins look great!

• ladylotus
    10 years ago

That is amazing that you had a couple pairs of twins. I've grown quite a few seeds and have not seen twins yet. I think it will be interesting to see how they mature. Fun!!!

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi ladylotus!

I know! I was surprised to see the first set, I nearly fell over when I suspected the second seed had 2 in it as well. I cant wait to see how they grow and develope thier 'personalities'

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi ladylotus!

I know! I was surprised to see the first set, I nearly fell over when I suspected the second seed had 2 in it as well. I cant wait to see how they grow and develope thier 'personalities'

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The second set of twins are doing better than the older ones. They're big enough to see them side by side in a photo now, before you couldn't tell them apart from the potting mix.

As you can see, the ones in the left we planted on 4th December and the ones on the right were planted on 11th November.

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

These two are powering on.

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I hope these ones are still ok!!! I've become attached to every single one of them :)

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is my big boy with new leaves coming through. Is this his first set of 'true leaves'? I've read about re potting them after they have 3 sets of true leaves.....

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is my big boy with new leaves coming through. Is this his first set of 'true leaves'? I've read about re potting them after they have 3 sets of true leaves.....

{{!gwi}}

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I hope these ones are still ok!!! I've become attached to every single one of them :)

{{!gwi}}

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

{{!gwi}}

• sam401
    Original Author
    10 years ago

{{!gwi}}