Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
len76

adenium changing colour

len76
10 years ago

I have an interesting situation that I have never seen before. About 15 months ago I planted seeds from a double pink DR I have. On first flowering I marked the pot as to what colour the flower and from what plant the seeds came from. I got about 30% doubles ranging from white with a slight tinge of pink to a full red. The remainder were singles in the same colour range.
The singles I used to practice grafting.So far out of about 60 attempts I have failed to get one to take. As they failed I cut the back and allowed them to continue growing producing a squat plant, which I quite like. Now here is the strange part.
This plant has flowered for the second season and has changed from a pastel pink to a full red with a yellow centre.(see photo)
You can read my markings on the pot. DS for double seed, and pale pink for the colour of the first flowering.
We have just been through the hottest spring ever recorded and a lot of my plants are changing shade but none to this extent. Most just getting darker in shade but none completely changing colour. Any ideas.

Comments (2)