Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: trading w/o names (Warning: Compete newbie, help!)

Posted by hyenas 7b (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 22, 10 at 21:08

Hello all! Here's the deal. I have a lovely little pair (and now want three) of AVs but I have no idea what they are and everyone seems to be listing names etc. in their trades. I just got a leaf from a friend (who's long since killed her plant) several years ago and grew it.

It's a single flower, and deep deep purple.

Is there any chance to identify and trade with this plant? Or should I just go buy a named variety if I want to trade?

Suggestions welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: trading w/o names (Warning: Compete newbie, help!)

H. -

If you want to trade - you need to have named plants. But your unnamed plants are perfect for your friends and family.
Your friend will be very happy if you restart a plant for her.

Next time - when you want to add another plant to your collection - get a named one - and some interesting one you will enjoy - and people would want to trade for.

And in no time you will get 500 of them instead of 3.

Good Luck

irina

PS Check violetbarn.com for an eye candy.

o
RE: WANTED: trading w/o names (Warning: Compete newbie, help!)

Mmmm eye candy! Thanks for the info, I'm definitely going to be buying some of those, but for now I'm just going to list it as a NOID (recently figured out what that meant...) and see if anyone is interested in trading some of their NOIDs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here