Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Does anyone still grow Highbrow or French Lilac?

Posted by seattlemarigene (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 5, 09 at 21:09

I used to grow those 2 varieties back in the 80's when I first started with violets...I have been looking for these on different sites with no luck...marigene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Does anyone still grow Highbrow or French Lilac?

Marigene - i googled around -
French Lilac
http://www.thevioletcarousel.com/salespage.htm

but Highbrow seems to be gone. It was not even registered, the only mention I found was on Steve Reed site- but he doesn't carry it now. Barbara Elkin is in charge of the AVSA most wanted list, you can get in touch with her if she knows anything. I think you reach her through the AVSA committes option.

Good Luck

Irina

o

thanks so much...I am happy to hear one of my favorite oldies is available.I have several oldies I got from a lady in our violet club.I have chenille,penguin,little white swan,little axel,and Lady Loreta....I keep shareing babies with people...:0)...marigene

o

Hi Marigene, I know Karin of Blossoms,Birds and Butterflies carries French Lilac. Her website is www.Blossoms,Birds and Butterflies.com. She is very reliable and guarantees her plants. Just tell her the davioletman referred you and she will take care of you.

I am not sure if anyone has Highbrow. You may want to try AV Brat Pack or Violet Reflections. These forums have alot of long time growers there that may have one or leaves to spare. If nothing else, you'll have fun reading the different topics. I have been growing for a long time and still learn something new from these folks.

Good luck with your search.

Dave

o

thanks Dave..I had never heard of the AV Brat Pack...sounds interesting...:0)...marigene

o

Marigene -

they are fabulous!

I.

o

I have some starters/leaves of French Lilac I could send you one in spring. If you are still interested. Corinne (The Violet Carousel)

o

Corinne I emailed you last week about french lilac.I would very much to buy some leaves in the spring..thanks.my email is marigenecole@aol.com......:0)

o

Drats I emailed Corinne about getting french lilac and she has downsized to mini's and isnt even sure she has this oldie....and I cant get the site for Karin to work..Does anyone else have French Lilac????..marigene

o

if you have not found it yet, i believe i still have a french lilac somewhere on my shelves. let me know and i'll take a look :)

brenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here