Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

HAVE: African violet leaf/plantlet Round Robin!

Debra Andruska
13 years ago

I'm ready to start this again-- I've done this so many times in the past (you can check old threads for our successful round robins.) This is the best way to trade leaves, plantlets for the price of postage!

Let's start a Leaf, plantlet AFRICAN VIOLET EXCHANGE box again! Sign up here--

I'll start it-- with 25 NAMED varieties, all clearly labeled, named!

What will you add? Whatever you have extra- plantlets, leaves- you won't know what's in the box until it arrives! What a wonderful way to get extra plants/leaves- for the price of postage! Make sure you replace what you took! That's the only rule, plus adding named varieties of course! ;)

The box should have at least 25 NAMED varieties at all times, if you feel more generous (or need to make room on your shelves, add more) I'm sure someone will appreciate and give a good home to your babies/leaves!

I loved doing this in the past- and had to rebuild my collection, slowly to do so. I lost my Mom to a bloodclot. She went in the hospital for a small surgery, and ended up dying from a clot. I lost my collection due to overwatering/underwatering everything. I would love to have my collection back-- so hopefully some of you are growing what I lost. I previously had all the Silverglades- if you have a few, add them to the box, hopefully a leaf or two will somehow make it back to me. I'll have the box come home a few times for 'refreshing' and hopefully I'll find a few of the varieties that I lost.

Are you in? If so sign up! Let's take signups for a few weeks- check the weather and see if the box is ready to go out! The box must travel priority with delivery confirmation (so we can track the box.) You should have the box NO more than 2 days if possible-- also post here when the box arrives, and goes out so we can keep track.

Let the fun begin-- planlets/leaves for the price of postage, what a wonderful way to increase your collection! You'll never know what to expect inside the round robin box! :) Hopefully, LOTS of old varieties, you never know what's growing in a shelf/basement!

Let's have several of these this spring, early summer- fall, I'll host them!

Deb

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus