Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: African violet leaf/plantlet Round Robin!

Posted by debbya z4IL (da1763@aol.com) on
Mon, Feb 21, 11 at 16:04

I'm ready to start this again-- I've done this so many times in the past (you can check old threads for our successful round robins.) This is the best way to trade leaves, plantlets for the price of postage!

Let's start a Leaf, plantlet AFRICAN VIOLET EXCHANGE box again! Sign up here--

I'll start it-- with 25 NAMED varieties, all clearly labeled, named!

What will you add? Whatever you have extra- plantlets, leaves- you won't know what's in the box until it arrives! What a wonderful way to get extra plants/leaves- for the price of postage! Make sure you replace what you took! That's the only rule, plus adding named varieties of course! ;)

The box should have at least 25 NAMED varieties at all times, if you feel more generous (or need to make room on your shelves, add more) I'm sure someone will appreciate and give a good home to your babies/leaves!

I loved doing this in the past- and had to rebuild my collection, slowly to do so. I lost my Mom to a bloodclot. She went in the hospital for a small surgery, and ended up dying from a clot. I lost my collection due to overwatering/underwatering everything. I would love to have my collection back-- so hopefully some of you are growing what I lost. I previously had all the Silverglades- if you have a few, add them to the box, hopefully a leaf or two will somehow make it back to me. I'll have the box come home a few times for 'refreshing' and hopefully I'll find a few of the varieties that I lost.

Are you in? If so sign up! Let's take signups for a few weeks- check the weather and see if the box is ready to go out! The box must travel priority with delivery confirmation (so we can track the box.) You should have the box NO more than 2 days if possible-- also post here when the box arrives, and goes out so we can keep track.

Let the fun begin-- planlets/leaves for the price of postage, what a wonderful way to increase your collection! You'll never know what to expect inside the round robin box! :) Hopefully, LOTS of old varieties, you never know what's growing in a shelf/basement!

Let's have several of these this spring, early summer- fall, I'll host them!

Deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: African violet leaf/plantlet Round Robin!

I'll update the round robin each day. I have info for~
Patricia H.

Please send your info directly to my email. Da1763@aol.com
This round robin isn't going to start until it warms up, so you still have plenty of time for signups. I'm thinking about starting it in March if temps are ok to ship safely.

Deb

o
Shipping approximately...

I should clarify- possibly end of March shipping if weather permits. I can't wait to get this started! ;)

Deb

o

Wow, I thought this would of did really well. Usually we have so many that love swapping leaves/plantlets in a round robin! I'm starting to wonder if- no one's checking the forum because it's still chilly in many areas. We won't send the box out until spring- so we still have a month before it does go out.

Hopefully- we get more to participate!

Deb

o

Hi Deb, If you are not having any response maybe you should try posting about the round robin on the discussion page. Some may not check the exchange page thinking that it is too early or too cold yet. Just a thought. Patty

o

Hi,
We had a round robin through garden web for several years, this year it did not work out, sorry.

I'll try again in the Fall..

Deb

o

Put me on the list for fall. I just saw your post. I only have a couple of named but I start most from seed. PLMK

o

Please include me on your round robin list. It sounds like lots of fun!

o

If you do end up planning a swap for the fall, please include me on the list. I am growing a bunch of named babies from leaves right now. I should have some ready to go by then. Thanks!

o

Deb, I've participated in the past, and I'm ready again. I wasn't prepared earlier this spring, but by fall, I'll be raring to go.

o

I'll start a new thread with in the next few days for our FALL violet/named LEAF/plantlet swap!

Deb

o

WOO HOO===can't wait.
I need more violets. ;D

o

Yeah! Looking forward to it!

o

Just want to know if the box was shipped yesterday. I'm second on list, and I can't wait. I'm over-anxious. LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here