Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: African violet Spring Round Robin

Posted by debbya z4IL (da1763@aol.com) on
Fri, Feb 28, 14 at 23:21

Who's interested in participating in our Spring round robin?
It's still chilly- so we will not start this until temperatures are stable.
25 varieties must be in the box at all times. I'll start the box, with 25 packages- named varieties only!

Box must be sent priority- and sent back out ASAP!
To keep everything fresh/healthy.

I'll post more- let's at least get this started! I'm excited- and can't wait until spring, and it warms up!

Any interest? ;)

Deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: African violet Spring Round Robin

Deb: Looking forward to the spring RR so count me in.

o

After watching all of you do this for a few seasons, I'd like to participate this time. I finally have plenty of named varieties in my collection that I can take leaves from and I'm eager to see what surprises come in the box. :-)
Sure hope it begins to warm up soon so that I can be included; temps here are not just "chilly" they are downright brutal - still having below zero days/nights!
Anne

o

So happy to see interest in the swap!
Chiqui
Anne

Let's let the list grow!

Deb

o

I know it's still early, so we have plenty of time to get this together. But, we need more participants! The box will *hopefully* go out in April, around the 15th if that works for everyone. I'll double check, and post here checking weather updates.

This is such a great way to trade violet leaves, plantlets, plants- whatever you include in the box. Hopefully, your shelves are so full- you need the space! Include whatever you have extra! Or whatever needs grooming! :) Must be named violets.... Take whatever you want- just replace with the same or more, so there is always a great selection for the next person.

I'll check again next week- hopefully this goes really well and we get more to join in the fun! Violets for postage! ;)

Deb

o

I'm adding Sue to the list too, and Darike. Sue posted on a different thread asking to join. Darike emailed me.

I do need Everyone's address- my computer crashed. So I purchased a new HP Chrome book. I really love it- but all my info's gone from previous swaps.

My email is Debandruska@gmail.com
I also still have the aol email. I want to try to keep all the swaps to the gmail so they don't get misplaced. I have a ton of email on the aol account to go through. Gmails empty...

Chiqui
Anne
Darike
Sue

o

You can count me in. I sent you an e-mail today, as well.

Linda

This post was edited by whitelacey on Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 15:13

o

Did this thread die?

Linda

o

Gosh - I expected a ton of signups, too, Linda. Maybe everyone is still in the winter doldrums. It surely is still winter up here in northern Michigan. I keep hoping our temperatures will be a little less frigid by mid April but I'm beginning to wonder!

o

Maybe a few warm days will shock everyone into signing up! Still winter here in southern Ohio, too.

Linda

o

I' m in on the RR. Been busy grooming trays after the winter neglect. LOL Can't wait for April. Sending you my info.
Eileen

o

Please count me in too!

Susan

o

Count me in too. Its still cold here in NY, but heard its gonna be in upper 50' s over the weekend :-)

Minal.

o

Chiqui (Need address)
Anne
Darike (Need address)
Sue M.
Anne
Linda (Need address)
Eileen
Minal (Need address)

I need a few addresses- my computer crashed and lost everything so I purchased a new one. Unfortunately- I'm starting over with swap addresses!
Thanks for signing up! We always have such a fun swap! I can't wait for this to start! Spring is really chilly in Chicago, snow is expected tonight, tomorrow morning! I hope temps stay warm soon! ;)

Remember, this is a named only african violet swap! For those that are thinking about joining in the fun! All are welcome, you can take whatever you want from the box- but MUST replace what you took!

Deb

o

Hi Deb! Have I been added to the swap? I see a Sue M, but not sure if that's me. :) lol I will try to message you through the site, but I did send you an email as well--please let me know if I'm not doing something right! Thanks! :)

Susan

o

Hi deb I have emailed you my address, let me know if you haven't received it.
Minal.

o

Chiqui
Anne
Darike (Need address)
Susan M.
Linda
Eileen
Minal
Deb
Pat R.

This post was edited by debbya on Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 13:01

o

Is there still room for one more?

o

Yes, we still have room! ;)
Send me your info!

Deb

o

I sent you an email.

o

Chiqui
Anne
Darike (Need address)
Susan M.
Linda
Eileen
Minal
Deb
Pat R.
Vikki

Updated list; as of Thursday/ 3/27

Darike's address is still needed. ;)

Deb

o

Hi Deb,
I just got home from my trip to Australia. Whew! Glad I didn't miss the sign ups here. I definitely want to join. I am sending you an email!
Sue C.

o

I can't wait - this should be fun!!

o

Chiqui
Anne
Darike (Need address)
Susan M.
Linda
Eileen
Minal
Deb
Pat R.
Vikki
Susan C.

Darike's address is still needed. ;)

o

Anything new to add since March 28th?

o

Hello RR Team
I am not quite there yet, but would be happy to exchange in smaller quantities, if ok to note that on this thread. If anyone would like to trade a few named varieties, would be happy to do so. J

This post was edited by fortyseven on Wed, May 28, 14 at 23:03

o

I'm just waiting patiently for the weather to warm up!
I would love to start this- Monday. Would that be ok for everyone? A few round robins have boxes going out..

Deb

o

Personally I'm only too ready to get this thing going because it's fine if you're sending them this way since we've already passed the planting date, but what about the northern states? African violets really hate the cold and the mail trucks and mail boxes aren't heated. Maybe starting it in the southern states and working northward?

o

We are starting to warm up here in Massachusetts. I think it would be safe to start the box if you start south and move north. In a couple weeks it will be fine here.

o

I'm ready for this to start. Yesterday it was 91 degrees here in the Central Florida area. Summer is here as far as Florida goes. The nights are cooler but the days are killers for plants in boxes. :(

o

Sounds to me like we're ready for Monday. What say you?

o

I think its a good idea to start Monday. Its in upper 60's here in NY next week and low 40's.

Minal

o

WooHoo!! I'm ready. It the list the way it is on the previous post? This way we can judge just about when to expect the box.

o

Sounds great--weather is perfect here!

o

The weather here in SW Ohio is its usual contrary self-82 today and 30 Wednesday. But it's going to warm up again quickly. :)

Linda

o

This weather is goofy! I wanted the box to start this week- but it's going to be in the 20's today. And that's exactly what I feared, the box sitting in an unheated truck or PO warehouse. Let's hold off and see if temps become more stable. It's April 14, the safe to ship date for Illinois is in May! Maybe next week temps will be better! We are expecting snow today/tonight too!

Deb

o

Agreed. The temps have crashed here too in SC. Our planting day was a week ago, but there are freeze warnings out for the next 2 nights here. UGH!

By the way, what is the order that you will be shipping the box in?

o

Fresh snow up here; temps tonight down to 11 F.!! I certainly don't want to see a whole box of violet leaves reduced to mush.
Deb, I feel your frustration on trying to get this RR underway; every time it looks like it may warm up a bit the forecast up here changes at the last minute - for the worse! :^(
Anne

o

Temps Tuesday 37* night. 4/22.
Still chilly.. Hopefully, temps for next week look more stable!

o

What order are you planning to go with? Starting with the south and working north would make the most sense. That way they won't be freezing on trucks or in mailboxes or, for the south, roasting.

o

Is it too late to join in? If not, when does it start.

o

Deb, sent you a messeage. Let me know if you received it.

o

I got an email from you, but it didn't have a message and when I tried to reply, it gave me an error message.

o

My email is brunildagw@gmail.com not sure why the email didn't go through but I wanted to see if I could join in

o

Ok, I want to start this on Monday- 28th. I received a box from a different round robin and the leaves were ok.

After getting a few emails, I am taking in consideration that a few of you might have been 'in line' a few times with others. So, I'm mixing it up a bit.. Hope this works out. Chiqui's on vacation- until May 5th.

Lineup-

Eileen
Vikki
Susan M.
Chiqui
Darike
Linda
Minal
Susan C.
Anne F.
Pat R.
Deb A.

It's a little mixed- so you will receive an assortment of stuff. If we did it exactly the same as last time (in state order) everyone gets from the same people. ;)

Yes, BrunildaFl it's a little too late. I have the swap order made out already. Sorry... Join us next time. We already have 10 stops. That's a long box swap!

Will post on Monday when the box goes out! With the confirmation number....

Happy Violet swapping LOL! Sounds corny!

Deb

o

WOO-HOO!!!!!

o

Hooray!!! Thanks so much for putting this all together!

o

Thanks, Deb, for working this out. I am so excited to see what is in that box - when it reaches me towards the end of May! It's going to be hard to be patient, but I look forward to reading everyone's reports as the box makes its way down the list. ;-)

o

Yes, thanx so much for all your hard work on this! I'm really working hard at building my AV collection and this will really help boost it along. By the way, anyone here ever try their hand at hybridizing AV's? That's something I'm really interested in doing in the future.

o

Yay! Great job, Deb! Will eagerly waiting and anticipating. I am going to the Bay State Spring AV show and sale this weekend. I may have some great finds that I can share in a few weeks when the box gets here!

o

Glad to hear this RR is finally going to start. I have my solo cups ready to be filled with new leaves. I went shopping today to get more zip bags in sandwich size for large leaves, and snack size for smaller leaves..
I'm ready. LOL

o

The swap has begun! It's going to arrive in two days according to the receipt!
Lots of variety- micro mini, mini, semi- standard, plus surprises! 25 bags/varieties!

Have fun, Everyone!

Deb

o

Eileen
Vikki
Susan M.
Chiqui
Darike
Linda
Minal
Susan C.
Anne F.
Pat R.
Deb A.

o

The box came this afternoon. Just finished re-packing it and getting it ready to ship tomorrow morning. Lots of great stuff in box. LOL I was a piggie, but replenished it with more goodies. Will post the del. conf. # as soon as I get back from PO. Will also post what I took from this wonderful box. Thanks Deb for starting and organizing this RR. You do a great job every time. I look forward to your RRs. They are the BEST!!
Eileen

o

So glad it arrived quickly!
To whomever gets Rob's tippy toes -it's tiny and growing as a micro mini for me. The plant is three years old and the leaves are adorably small! It grows to a perfect rosette without any help. ;)

Have fun, Everyone!

Deb

o

I just got home from shopping. I dropped box off at PO this morning. Here is the conf# 9405 9036 9930 0176 4267 93
And now here is what I kept.
Rob's Tippy Toes
Blue Tail Fly
Ness' Satin Rose
Handmade
Rob's Humpty Doo
Ballet Snowcone
Ballet Blue Ice
Maverick's Faden Jeans
Rob's Gundaroo
Teen Thunder
Blushing Ivory
Hot Tamale
Mermaid
Cajun's Royal Knockout
Woodland Sprite
Ruby Kohleria
and two strep leaves.
Box if filled to brim and should be delivered on Saturday.
Have fun with whats in the box!

o

OOOO, I see a couple that are on my wish list that got snatched up already, but only a couple :) Can't wait to see what's in the box now!!

o

I see the box was delivered today, but to who? Just wondering because my name is second on the list and it was delivered to the town right next to mine.

o

It came to me! I thought you were before me??

Should I send to Vikki next then? (your name somehow got crossed off the list...which is probably why it came to me first.)

Also--question for whoever put EK-Golubaio "Blue Blood" in the box--I Googled but couldn't find a description or picture. Would you mind giving a brief description? :)

I will mail on Monday--as soon as I know who to mail to!

o

P.S. Vikki!! I just realized you're like 15 minutes from me! I could meet you somewhere tomorrow or Monday if you'd like. :)

o

Check the list that's in the box and make sure it's in order, with the list posted.
I never crossed off Vikki's name. Hmm?

Maybe Eileen skipped a name? Anyways, it's easy to fix. :)

o

Eileen
Vikki
Susan M.
Chiqui
Darike
Linda
Minal
Susan C.
Anne F.
Pat R.
Deb A.

o

OOOPs! I guess I goofed up this one. I was so anxious to get it in the mail quickly. I'm so sorry. I thought I was sending it to Vikki in SC.
Also I put in EK Goluboi Turman. It is a Russian violet with very large flowers, I thought I crossed off the EK part. If you type in the name in the search box on internet, lots of pictures will come up. Like I said, I was in a rush to get the box out.
Eileen

Here is a link that might be useful: Goluboi Turman

o

Thank you, Eileen! I must have typed the name of the flower in wrong.

Okay, I will send (or deliver) the box to Vikki next.

o

I just sent you an email with my phone number so we can get together and do a box exchange. Good to know another AV lover is close by :)

o

Box is all packed up and ready to be delivered to Vikki tomorrow. It was fun discovering a violet friend living so close to me! :)

I kept:

Emergency
Big Josh
Jolly Blue clouds
Beauteous Trail
Optimara Isabelle
Ajohn's Yellow Submarine
My Fair Lady
Senk's Blue Cascade

and a strep leaf (my very first! Looking forward to trying something new!)

Thanks and I hope everyone else enjoys the round robin as much as I have. :)

o

Got the box today but had to work late. Just got home and it's already after 8:30, so I won't have time to go through it tonight. But, I promise it will go out no later than Wed. Will let you know which onea I took out tomorrow night.

o

I'm so glad this is going well! :)

o

The box is once again on its way and heading for Chiqui. Tracking # 9405 5036 9930 0291 7225 43. Here's what I snatched out of it.

Cajun's Queen's Lace
Cajun's Slow Dance
Cherokee Trail
Foxwood Trail
Irish Lullaby
Ma's Neon Lights
Ode to Beauty
Optimara Hawaii
Rob's Boondoggle
Sunset Kiss
Touch of Irish
Vampire's Kiss

I hope you'll be happy with the ones I replaced them with :)

A few of the leaves in the box were starting to get spots on them and turning bad. I cut off those parts of the leaves, so if a few look a little strange, that's what happened. I hope they're not goners, but I did what I could.

I love this RR. It's perfect for when AVs need a little grooming (I just hate throwing out good leaves) and for expanding my collection. Personally, I would love to see it go around a few more times but in different orders.

o

The English name of Goluboi Turman is Blue Mist. It might be easier to find under that name.

I'd like to see the box go around again in a different order, as well. We'll have to work that out!

Linda

o

The box came in yesterday (Friday) and I was able to repack it and ship it out the same day going to Darike, tracking: 9405503699300293836163. Had to throw out a few of the baggies but after adding my leaves, there are approximately 30 varieties in the box.
I kept:
Opt. Pennsylvania, Ma's Winter Moon, Cool Mint, S. Confusa Mather, Lilac Fanfare, Black Swan & EK Golubaio.
I also kept leaves of Psychedelic Show but I am pretty sure this is a chimera so not sure if it will produce chimera blooms but I thought it would be interesting to experiment and see what I get.
Thanks to all who joined in and to Deb for putting this RR together.

o

That is a shame you had to throw some out ,But good that you turned it around on the same day that helps the leaves stay more alive .Wish everyone could do that.

o

I spoke with Rob several years ago and asked if a leaf can produce a chimera. He said yes, it's possible. It could sport or bloom true. ;)

Wow, what great selections in the box- wish I was next! Lol!

Deb

o

The box arrived today. Sorry I haven't posted. I just returned last week and it's been a bit crazy. I will get the box out with tomorrow's mail. A few bags (approx) 6 bags were mush; I replaced those and added a few more. I kept a couple leaves and a primulina leaf. I left the chimera leaves for the next person. I grabbed leaves from the first row of carts and so there's not a lot from my vintage or Russian section. It's a lot of my oldies that I've had for awhile and the chimeras are suckering again here so if I don't find them homes I will have some for fall. Thank you Deb for getting this all together!

o

I'm so glad Everyone is enjoying the round robin so far! Also, tossing and replacing dead leaves. ;) thank you so much! I want Everyone to have a great RR experience! ;) I'll definitely do this again. Let's see how long the box takes to travel back home. We could always do a round 2, if the temps allow..

Or just stick with the Fall RR plans. What does Everyone suggest? Let me know...
Another round? Or wait until Fall?

Deb

o

For me, I would LOVE to do a round 2. Maybe mix up the list a little bit to help mix up the selections some. Maybe we could just do another round with those who want to.

o

I got the box today. I will add more tomorrow since it is very late!

Linda

o

Updating the list... Linda has the box. ;)

Next is-
Minal
Susan C.
Anne F.
Pat R.
Box back home to-
Deb A.

Linda,
I hope you find LOTS of really neat varieties in the package! ;)
Minal's next! :)

o

Great!, looking forward to receiving the box. Wouldn't mind round 2 before Fall either :)

Minal

o

Looking forward to the box arriving here after Minal. A second round would be fine with me. A couple years ago we did two Spring rounds, and I hosted the second one. It was great fun and we had plenty of time to get it around a second time before it got too hot. So I'm in for it, too!
Sue

o

Me too, me too! I would love to do a second round. A couple of the leaves I kept were already starting to go mushy and I lost them--so that means I have room for more, right? :)

o

Well, today we are expecting a frost so I think we have plenty of time to do a second round before it gets too hot. ;) We could rearrange the names and start now....

I got the box yesterday and there was only one set of leaves that were mushy although a couple others were iffy. I took them all and will replace with fresh leaves. I will send on Monday so the box isn't sitting at the PO over the week-end.
Minal, be on the look out!

Linda

I got:

Double Black Cherry
Wild Irish Rose
Jolly Orchid
Rob's Argyle Socks
Trinket Summer Skies
Anita Vivian
Cool Mint
Rob's Toorooka
Sunrise Waltz
Deer Path
Gillian
Touch of Irish
Granger's Sugar Frost
Lyon's Monique
Moonbeam(s?)
Optimara Maui
Eskimo Kisses
Chicago Flair

I believe three of these are chimeras so it will be interesting to see what I get.

Linda

o

Nice varieties! Out of all of them, Wild Irish rose is my favorite!
I had this one before, and lost it to rot/collapse. I switched over to Oyama pots, and the pot water got chilled, and the plant collapsed! I learned to keep water filled pots on the plant stand, not by the kitchen window sill, where temps fluctuate too much.

Deb

o

Really nice choices, Linda. I am drooling over a few of those myself!

o

I got some great leaves! I had never heard of 'Anita Vivian' so I looked it up on First Class. It's gorgeous!

We need to post pictures of our babies when they bloom. It will be nice to see in the dead of next winter.

Linda

o

So I don't have to look through 84 posts-how do I send this package?

Linda

o

Priority mail through the US post office. Make sure you get a tracking number. It's the fastest way without having to spend an arm and a leg.

o

Thanks Vikki for the shipping info! ;)
Yes, always priority... Delivery conf# is included, just post it here so the next person can track it.

It's been such a chilly spring, I'm seriously afraid it's going to go straight into the 90's soon! chicago weather is crazy!

Go box-- go lol!

o

Box mailed! Here's the tracking number: 9114901159818020002634.

Linda

o

Looks like around 5 would like to do a second round. I don't have enough stock to get one started myself right now, just enough to pass along. Would it be a good idea for who ever would like to start this one to start a new posting for it? Maybe this would open it up to even more people to join (or we could just keep it between the current group for the sake of time, just mix up the names so no one is directly following the same person again) - just a thought. However, we can't wait too long before it will get too hot for some of the areas - mine included - but I know some of you are still waiting for your first box.

o

Well, it seems like some sort of delay, was expecting package today but nothing in the mail. Fingers crossed hopefully tomorrow :)

Minal.

o

Got the box today!!. Total 26 varieties, out of which 19 were standards. I have lots of standards, so didn't take any of those.

I kept: Jolly Frills
Harmonys Frilly Dilly
Kentucky Gooseberries
Robs Bondoogle
Dark Night of Soul and
Lyons Little Sweetheart.

Have replaced with a few mini trailers and semi-minis (3-4 leaves of each).

Next is Susan, the box will be shipped out tomorrow, the tracking# is 9405509699937595628268

Cant wait for the next round, thanks Deb for this one!

Minal.

o

Minal,
Nice selections! :)

Next is-
Susan C.
Anne F.
Pat R.

o

Boy, I sure hope those poor leaves aren't mush by the end of the holiday weekend. You guys are planning a second round and those of us at the tail of the first are still anxiously waiting. ;-) And it's hard!
Anne

o

I was worrying about those leaves sitting around waiting to be delivered too. But they would sit somewhere this weekend no matter what. Hopefully most will be just fine. The box is waiting local and I am sure it will be delivered Tuesday.

Minal, looking forward to seeing what trailers you added. Great picks, by the way!

o

The last round robin I was in, I was second from the last and it took 3 months to get to me (different forum and was for seeds). Yes, it's VERY hard to wait for your turn. All in all, the box is moving along pretty good seeing that it was started this month.

o

Yes, I agree. Everyone seems to have made every effort to turn it around in good time, so please don't anyone think I was complaining!
It's just like knowing you're getting a present, but not knowing what's inside. I can't imagine what leaf varieties might come my way - everyone's lists so far have been wonderful.

o

Looks like the box is out for delivery to Sue today, let us know how the leaves were, I am anxious to know if they were ok.

Minal

o

Yes, I got it today. I took a quick look inside before I went off to the gym. No obvious mushes, but I will look closer later this evening. I will try to get the box back out tomorrow.

o

The box is on its way to Anne. Mailed today and supposed to arrive on Saturday.
Tracking #9405 9036 9930 0192 3426 71

I think all the leaves looked well enough to travel at least one more stop, and most looked great.

I kept
Minstrel's Mary Ruth
Suncoast Wild Mustang
Marching Trail
Royal Baby
Jean Pierre Croteau

Would the person who put in Marching Trail and Suncoast please send me a description if possible. I couldn't find one for either on-line.

Thanks for a great RR. Looking forward to part 2!
Sue

o

This is the description for Suncoast:

Suncoast Wild Mustang: Standard, Ovate green undulate light pink, blue fantasy semidouble, S. Williams

I would also like to know the description of Marching trail.

Minal.

o

Wow, 2 more stops- and then it's my turn! ;)
I'm getting a little excited too! The temps have been perfect for shipping!
Lots of great varieties in the box! Such a wide range of varieties! It's so fun reading about what was selected!

I can't wait for round #2!

Deb

o

I was just thinking about the leaves for Psychedelic Show that someone got. Psychedelic Show is actually a sport of Snow Jewel, so it should be interesting to see what all you end up with for babies. Could turn out to the same as the parent, could be one of the solid colors in ts background or it could even be Snow Jewel. You'll have to let us know what you get.

For some reason, I no longer get email notices when someone posts to this thread. :/

o

Wow, I just got the notification this morning of debbya comment on May 24 and annacecilia's comment from May 26 about hoping the violets would survive the holiday. A little slow?!?

This post was edited by vivey on Fri, May 30, 14 at 8:23

o

I just got two from myself from May 25 and 26. Like you, I was no longer getting email notices with new additions to this thread. Think the powers that be actually read your comment on your post of 5/29 and fixed it? How odd because I got those two I had posted and your newest post, but nothing inbetween!
Anne

o

Anne,
I hope you find lots of varieties in the box! ;)
Also, let us know how the leaves are holding up.

Pat's next!! :)

Deb

o

It's here!! Glad I was at home to receive it so I could bring it right inside out of the 80 degree weather. The poor box looks like someone sat on it; I'm even thinking I should grab a new box from the post office for the next leg of the journey. I'll see if I can straighten it out, but if not I'll transfer all the nice insulated packing into a new priority box - I hope that's OK, Deb?
Sadly, 5 baggies have leaves that either rotted or look moldy that I just tossed in the garbage. Still, there are 21 bags of leaves that appear to be in great shape - none of which are duplicates of any I already have so that is exciting! I will have to look some of them up on line to see what they are and then I'll let you know what I'm keeping. I plan to pack up the box again Sunday evening and it's off to the post office Monday morning on it's way to Pat. I'll post the tracking number Monday afternoon as soon as I can get a chance.
It's kind of like Christmas! :-)

o

I always think of exactly the same thing.. "It's always like Christmas" opening a box- lol! I wish I would get a box of violets for Christmas or my Birthday! ;)
I would even be happy with plant supplies. But, no one ever really listens! I'm always giving hints (on gift certificates or supplies) but I never get what I really want!

I think that's why I love hosting the swaps. :)

I'm glad the leaves were ok. I know heat is in most areas, and I'm always kinda worried about the box until it's finished. I want Everyone to be happy.
Our weather is goofy- 90* today, by Wednesday 65*.

Our second part to the swap is going well. Linda's going to do it. So, please send her your info. I sent mine in already.

Pat's next... After we hear what Anne chose! And yes Anne, feel free to exchange boxes. If we used the original box all this time, wow- I'm impressed with the durability! I started it out in a big box that was lined with silver insulation stuff.

Deb

o

Annececillia could you wait till Tuesday to send the box I have to make a trip to Chicago Thanks Pat

o

Yes, of course, Pat. I will hold off mailing the box one more day and will keep the older leaves cool. Meanwhile I will wait until Monday night to cut my own leaves to add to the box so they'll be the freshest possible. Do have a safe trip.

Here is what I am keeping from the box, which is quite a lot actually. A few single leaves I kept because I doubted they could continue on for more days in that box and decided better to see if they would take rather than have them be a waste:
Cirelda
Redoubled
Brass Band (that's been on my wish list)
Twist N Shout
Mac's Toxic Spill
Myakka Trail
Strawberry Kiss
Maas' Janet
Jean's Passion
Mac's Crystal Cupid (a chimera, I know, but it will be interesting to see what I get)
Louisiana Lullabye
Apache Midnight
Starry Night Blue
Evening Escort
Lacy Lass
Cajun's Queen's Lace - which I doubt will make it, boohoo. I really, really wanted this one, but literally one half of the leaf was mush so I cut it off alongside the center rib, washed it, doused it all with cinnamon and stuck it anyway. I'm expecting it to rot, but I at least I tried.
(Some of these had more than one leaf per baggie and I only kept one but I won't say which ones!) There was really nice variety in this box - thank you all!

OK; box doesn't get mailed until Tuesday.

Anne

o

Thank you

o

Oh, more I'm seeing that are on my want list. I can't wait to see what I get in round 2! Linda, I sent you PM with my info for it.

o

I just dropped the box off at the P.O.
The tracking number is: 9114901123086965620762
It went out priority and she told me the delivery date will be Friday.
But I goofed when I picked up a new box yesterday (the old box didn't look up to another trip to me.) I accidentally used a "flat rate" box instead of a plain priority mailing box and it cost me a lot more than it should have. I didn't have time to take it home and repack it, so I just paid and let it go. Pat, maybe they will let you cover up the "flat rate" designation and just pay for priority mail by weight. Sorry I complicated things!!
Anne
(BTW, Cajun's Queen's Lace didn't make it just as I expected, but neither did Twist N Shout or Evening Escort, although I thought those two looked pretty good. All three were collapsed mush when I checked them last night. Oh well. The rest look good.)

o

Looks like it's out for delivery to Pat. Deb, you're next and that will complete round 1. That actually went around fast!

o

Pat, tracking says it was delivered yesterday morning; hope you are back home from Chicago?
Anne

o

I sure hope the box isn't sitting outside since Thursday. :(
Temperatures are a little nuts lately in chicago! 80's during the day, 50's at night.

Pat, hopefully your home... And the box will soon be on its last stop! ;)

Deb

o

Pat emailed me, She's having problems posting. The box has been mailed and is arriving Monday! I'm so excited, will post more Monday!

Deb

o

Thanks for posting that Deb. I was beginning to worry that something bad had happened to Pat! Relieved to know it's just a GW glitch she's fighting and that the box is on its way to you. :-)
Anne

o

When I receive a box I'm always concerned until that box makes it to the next destination- and everything's ok in it! ;)
Then the worries over- on to the next project! Lol!

Deb

o

YEAH DEB! ! ! ! ! The wait is finally almost over.

o

Are we going to start a new thread with round 2? Just wondering. If so, please send me the link so I don't miss out.

Vikki

o

Vikki,
Linda started round 2- on another thread! It's already in progress!
I think the title is 'Another Spring round robin'..

Ok,
The box is here- in it is... Leaves of

Picasso
Senk's blue cascade
Sansaucy coco
Laini
Grape glory
Cirelda
Bishop
Apache war bonnet
Looking glass
Ann
Island hideaway
Buckeye country charm
Harbor blue
Sky of Mars
Opt. Ever joy
Myakka trail
Marching trail
Rhap. Deborah
Untamed heart
Rob's Galiwinkle
Naomi's after slou?
Ness crinkle blue
Galactic storm
The madam
Silverglade plums
Ethel's explosion
Ness satin rose
Steel blue
Kentucky bride
Ma's flammable water

Couple of strep leaves-blue mars, Neil's Danica, Lil' tequila!
And a devils backbone.

Some of the leaves have one, some two!
Thanks Everyone for such a nice RR!!
I'm thrilled with all the varieties!

See you again in the Fall! I'll host another RR! And if someone's wants to do 2- we will have Two boxes going! I have a feeling we are in for a long, HOT summer!

Happy growing!

Hugs,
Deb

o

Darn! Started potting up leaves and Ann's veins were brown! I love the variegation on it! Who ever added it- save me a leaf for the fall RR! Put my name on it! Lol! ;).

o

I LOVE Ann! It's definitely on my want list.

A 2 box RR would be even better :)

This post was edited by vivey on Tue, Jun 10, 14 at 8:27

o

Thread closed... See Everyone for our FALL RR! It's been really hot lately- I have a feeling we are in for a LONG hot summer!

Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here