Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Spring Round Robin this year?

Posted by minal 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 13, 13 at 12:40

Are we doing a Spring Round Robin this year? I really enjoyed it last year. The temps are starting to warm up here in the NE.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Spring Round Robin this year?

I'm new and don't know the ropes. I do have a # of leaves I could trade. Indiana, Affection, White with light purple, white with tint of purple, Tennessee, Golden Coins, Beethoven, White with purple edge, Rhapsodie Terressa, light pink, Wyoming, Pale purple, and a few mysteries. Looking for something, you can ask - I have others.

o

Usually Deb organizes everything, I am sure she'll be around on the forum in the next few days. Thanks, Valleywood for our interest to join, you definitely have a great collection!

Minal.

o

The leaves are already pruned if someone wants them - they'll die of course eventually - they're in a ziplock with damp paper towel. I have some other baby plants too - in dirt. Would like other AV leafs/babies, clementis rooting/cuttings, or herbs/mints, etc..

o

I've been patiently waiting for it to warm up a little.. Chicago weather is still too unpredictable to ship anything. We had our first major snowstorm a few weeks ago! Snows already melted, but it's still sooooo cold! ;)

Your violet leaves can survive in the bags for months. They can root and produce plantlets in there too. Pick up some blonde moss from Home Depot, Menards, anywhere where soil is sold- put a hefty tablespoon of it (chopped up) around the leaf/leaves. And place the bags in a basket by your kitchen windowsill (or even tape bags to any hidden window no one will see!) you'll have pre-rooted leaves to trade!
I'll start up a round robin thread early next week!

Deb

o

Great! I definitely want to join in whenever we are ready. The weather here in Southern New England has been absolutely miserable, too. So no problem waiting a little bit.

o

I can't wait :)

o

Ugh.. Midwest weather is awful- getting dumped with more snow, cold weather. Where is Spring? Snow tomorrow/Sunday 24th.

Deb

o

put me in when your ready. Thanks

o

I'm sooo ready- now...if the weather would cooperate!

Deb

o

Would love to join the spring RR. Please add my name to the list. Thanks.
Chiqui

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here