Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

African violet/leaf or plantlet trade....2005-- Named varieties..

Debra Andruska
19 years ago

I would LOVE to set up a Spring African violet *2005* NAMED VARIETY plantlet/plant/leaf/ trade! My plants (VARIETY NAMED) can spare leaves, and I have some extra babies, do you? If so.....please join in the fun! Send me your -- violet list-- of VARIETY NAMED violets *(Haves)* leaves/plants/plantlets, etc. and what your looking for *in exchange* *WANTS* *hybrid* names, and I'll match you up with a violet trading partner! This could be sooo much fun! Join in!! And please be specific in your email on what your looking for *in exchange* for your babies/leaves! Leaf for leaf trade, plantlet for plantlet trade or plant for plant. Or would you just like to make this a "LEAF ONLY" exchange? Let me know! I would be more than happy to change any 'rules'/info to please everyone! Or do you have too many babies that you don't want/ and need homes for immediately, making this a plantlet/and leaf exchange? Let me know! Please post here, so we can have an accurate number of participants. And basically know where where going from here. Also, if you need to email me your lists/questions, my email is DA1763@aol.com.

Together we can make this sooo successful and FUN! And do it again in the Fall! This can make your violet collection increase for pratically nothing (just postage) and your (babies/leaves) and make new violet online friends! Post your suggestions here! Should we do a '10' leaf trade/plantlet?

Or both? '20 leaf/plantlet' or both? Or '30 leaf trade'? With no plantlets? Let me know, I'm more than happy to change anything, and coordinate this violet exchange!

Let's TRADE VIOLETS! :) Shipping will begin April 15th. Would that be ok in all areas?

I don't want any plants/leaves to freeze in shipment. And we don't really want the extra expense of heat packs either, so let me know what you think. This is YOUR EXCHANGE, either leaf or plantlet, or both, Or plants.

Let's have fun exchanging! What a fun way to increase our violet collections! :)

I've been collecting violets for over 10 years, and am willing to do whatever it takes to SPREAD THE VIOLET JOY! ALL OVER! :) Violets are so addicting, and fun!

Debby

DA1763@aol.com

Comments (37)

• barbcoleus
    19 years ago

I'd love to trade NAMED leaves with someone. A leaf for a leaf in a large enough quantity to make the PRIORITY postage worth while. I'm in FLorida so trading soon is good for me.
    Barb

• trishohiozone5_6
    19 years ago

I'd be interested in a leaf trade too. However, the weather here really isn't warm enough to trust anything in the mail.

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I'm bringing this to the top again. Let's make this a LEAF TRADE. How many leaves would you suggest (that would make it worth while)-- sent by Priority postage? Also, don't forget...they must be 'named varieties'. Would April 15th or May 1st shipping dates be ok? Usually, in Illinois (my area) its safe for shipping by then. I hope the list of violet traders grow! Come on...join in!

Debby

• dnutts
    19 years ago

I would love to participate. April 15 is fine, but then so is May 1. It'll take me a few days to send the list. Not that I have so many, just deadlines that take priority. I should have that behind me by Tue and can get the list to you by wed
    donna

• barbcoleus
    19 years ago

I'd still like to participate in the leaf exchange. April 15th or May 1st would be good for me to send/receive leaves. I'll send the names by the end of this week and then I'll be ready. How do you plan for this to work?
    Barbara

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I'm waiting for more people to join in the swap. :)
    And once more do... and start sending in their "HAVE/WANT" lists, it should be very easy then to start matching up violet trading partners. I'll email each person with the trade partner's Name/address and a basic list of what they are interested in. We really are going need more participants to make this work. If we do get enough participants, it would great if we could have 3 different size swaps. (So we don't leave anyone out)
    All NAMED VARIETY, sent by 'priority' postage....
    *****7-10 LEAVES***** (GROUP A)
    *****12-20 LEAVES**** (GROUP B)
    *****25-30 LEAVES**** (GROUP C)

And of course we need to send out our packages out at the same time, we still have time to decide exactly what week.

I'll post more later...

Deb/IL

• razz
    19 years ago

Hi,
    Right now I only have two or three named avs but I have a trade coming for some more. I would love to be in your swap. I'm pretty sure it will be the group a.
    razz

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    18 years ago

So far I've only received one trade list. :(
    Come on violet collectors... Join in the leaf exchange!
    This could be so much fun!

Deb/IL

• trishohiozone5_6
    18 years ago

Debby have you gotten any more e-mails from people? I'm going to run down to the national convention on the 23rd. I'll have even more to trade then if people are interested.
    Trish

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Trish,
    No.. Your the only person who sent me your violet list.
    I thought the Leaf swap would of worked out much better than this. But, we still have time! ;)
    If we don't get any more to join in, I'll trade leaves with you Trish. I have quite a collection, and am in the process of making a list. I also have a large strep collection.
    I'll email you later...

Debby

• barbcoleus
    18 years ago

I'm still interested. Unfortunately this is the busy time of the school year plus I'm retiring so I'm cleaning out 20+ years of 'stuff'. I have plenty to exchange but not until after Memorial Day. Maybe by that time more people will have joined the group.
    Barb

• razz
    18 years ago

I will have more to add to this swap later in the spring when it warms up a bit more. please keep me in mind.
    raz

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Barb, Raz,
    I'm more than willing to wait! It's been so chilly over here in Illinois anyways. We were in the lower 80's for a few days, and now our nighttime temps are down to a little
    above freezing. I love Illinois weather, its so unpredictable!
    After Memorial day is fine with me. Whenever you have a chance, send me your lists!

Thanks,
    Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Come on violet collectors...join in the trade! :)
    Moving this up to the top.

Deb/IL.

• Wmustang
    18 years ago

I'd like in please.

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi,
    So far I have only ONE trade list. This isn't going to work...unless we start getting more to join. I thought the violet leaf trade would of worked out very well! We still have a little more time. So please join in! Send those lists in!

Deb

• woodsidetrader
    18 years ago

Hi, I would love to trade named leaves. I think leaves travel better than plants. Would like to do 15-20 to make it worth the postage. Will send my have/want list in the next few days. Not quite warm enough here to ship yet.

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Finally, LOL! We have several trades going on...KEEP the lists coming!
    Mail them to..Da1763@aol.com :)
    I'm so happy this is working out!

• ddetex
    18 years ago

For those of you that have so many AVs, why not help us that are just starting out. I only have a few that came from local stores. Would pay postage or trade other plants.
    DD

• journey149
    18 years ago

I have about 6 plants and i would like to trade some of my leaves

• VSW1013
    18 years ago

I'm a newbie in planting AV. I've about 5 plants in my newly started collection. How do you cultivate from leafs? I would like to join in the trade but since I do not know the name of the small collection I have currently, I'm not sure if I should join in the trade lest I disappoint the people I trade with.

• leslie_virnig221
    18 years ago

i only have 3 optimara's,chagal,degas, and texas, i'd like to double my collection i'm interested in anything unusual my e-mail is juliet_221@hotmail.com

• LovesLife
    18 years ago

Yay, a named leaf/plantlet trade! I just e-mailed my list. Oh, and I'd be interested on the optimaras...

• romando
    18 years ago

Hey count me in. . .I hadn't posted before on this before. . .'technical problems' :) but everybody check my list too! (Debby, I've already communicated with you via email)

• Rutha1
    18 years ago

WANTED:Any old variety of violet leafs!
    Will pay postage plus.

Thanks,
    RJ

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'm bringing this up to the top again...
    Hopefully, with in the next few days all the 'Haves' and 'Wants" lists will be sent in. I know several of you wanted to wait until after Memorial day weekend. :) Send in those lists now....if you want to be included in the spring Leaf trade!
    I want to complete this ASAP, before it gets to hot to ship to some areas!
    Also, let's do this again in the fall! Does Oct.1 sound good for a mail date? Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
    Deb

• barbcoleus
    18 years ago

Here's my list

1. AcaÂs Pink Delight
    2. Alamo Gold
    3. Atchafalaya Basin
    4. Buckeye Trail
    5. Cinnamon Candy
    6. Everything Rosy
    7. HaloÂs Agliter
    8. Harbor Blue
    9. Illini Peace

1. KolbÂs Green Ice
    2. Lela Marie
    3. Lillians Sparkler
    4. Little Sno Bunny
    5. Rhapsodie Barbara
    6. RobÂs Mad Cat
    7. RobÂs Squeeze Toy
    8. Starry Night Blue
    9. Wranglers Pink Patches
  • Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Last chance to join in the LEAF exchange! This is the last week to join. Its June 6th today...and I'll accept lists until June 9th.

Join in!

Deb

• adgjoan
    18 years ago

I sent my list yesterday. This sounds like fun!!

Joan in KY

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Joan,
    I received your list. Thanks so much!
    Everyone has until Friday...So, keep sending your exchange lists in!

Deb
    Da1763@aol.com

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi,
    An update....
    As of Friday June 17th, only three people sent lists in. This leaf trade didn't work out as I expected. With only three lists, its not really easy to pair up trading partners, and no one really had what each one wanted (or what was looking for). :(
    Sorry... Let's try this again in the fall. Hopefully, it will work out better. We really need more participants to make this work!

Deb

• kbugs405
    18 years ago

I have the following leaves:

Wild Irish Rose
    Caribean Blue
    Irish Irridescence
    Irish Maiden
    Victorian Treasure (I think)

Want List:

Blue Dragon
    Old Fashion Love
    Bob Serbin
    Marie Lorraine
    Mermaid
    Seadrift
    Irish Flirt
    Raspberry Sizzle
    Buckeye Colossal

• leslie_virnig221
    18 years ago

i have degas and chagal. id like to trade leaf for leaf.

• woodsidetrader
    18 years ago

now that fall is almost here and weather will again be favorable are you still interesting in a trade?

• kbugs405
    18 years ago

I am interested, and I have probably over 100 named varieties at this point and would love to trade.

• TeaZing
    18 years ago

I have over 165 varieties... in fact I am not really sure how many I have right now.. I think it is pushing 200.. but I have just ordered another 58 leaves of different varieties from a violet grower, so this will push me well over 200 - 250 named varieties.. so I will have many to trade in the spring, including some babies. Mostly what I am looking for are violets that are fancy, fringed, frilly or ruffled..

If you would like a copy of my list, as it is too long to cut and paste here.. please email me. My list contains the names with descriptions, hybridizer, AVSA # (if available) and size.

I would love to join in with the trade exchange for the spring of 2006. I could trade leaves or plantlets.

To make it worthwhile for you and me.. no less than 20 leaves per trade.. there is no MAX.

All leaves must be named varieties.. no noids!

My email is teazingg@aol.com

Thanks
    Tea

• lisa_in_idaho
    17 years ago

My trade list is up now for 2006 and Ive e-mail my list for a spring trade Mostly what I am looking for are violets that are fancy, fringed, frilly or ruffled.. or just hard to find and any Wrangler's I don't have.but I'll try any violet and keep the ones I love
    thanks Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: lisa_in_idaho

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions