Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Violet Overload!!! I have too many!

Posted by rachelcharlie (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 1, 08 at 19:44

Hello! I just went through all my violets and counted the doubles. I am hoping to get rid of some of the doubles and make room for more violets! I have plants to trade of:

Modistens Drom- Swedish (2 plants to trade)
Feather (4 plants to trade)
Irish Flirt (3 plants)
Ness’ Fantasy Gold (3 plants to trade)
Optamata Everyoung- spaceviolet (2 plants to trade)
Operas IL Straniero (3 plants to trade)
Playful Rainbow (4 plants to trade)
Raspberry Crisp (2 plants to trade)
Rebels limelite (4 plants to trade)
Royal Wasp (3 plants to trade)
Vampire Kiss (3 plants to trade)
White Madonna (3 plants to trade)
Soon I am going to separate my silver brocade plantlets so I will have some of them to trade also. I will trade or give for postage. Just let me know if anyone is interested in any of the plants I have! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Violet Overload!!! I have too many!

Hi!

I'm a brand new AV lover, so don't have anything to trade as yet. If you're interested in any of the mini's, I'll be trying my hand at repotting and dividing some in a month or so. But if you'd be willing to send plants for postage, I'd love to have an Irish Flirt, an Optimara Everyoung, and Vampire's Kiss. I'd be happy to send postage and some extra for supplies. Really, any would be wonderful. Thanks so much for offering to share!

girlsaylor

o

Hi, Would definitely be interested in trading some of my verigated varieties of plants for yours, Thanks,

o

i would definitely like a vampire kiss and feather, but i dont any extra plants for trade. i can trade some leaves or i can pay postage. let me know what i need to do thanks! vwangelgirl82@yahoo.com

o

I would love to have:
Irish Flirt (3 plants)
Operas IL Straniero (3 plants to trade)
Playful Rainbow (4 plants to trade)
I have some leaves to trade and will have starter plants later.

o

Hi,
I'd like to have:
White Madonna
Feather
Irish Flirt
Royal Wasp
I can send postage and a variety of datura and tomato seeds. Let know if interested.
Elaine

o

Do you still have plants to trade? I'm interested in:

Irish Flirt
Ness' Fantasy Gold
Everyoung
Rebel's Limelight
Vampire's Kiss

Prefer to trade for postage, but might be able to spare some leaves. Please let me know!

o

Hi, Just wondering if you received my email?

o

i've sent you an email - please let me know if you didn't receive it
rachel

o

rachel528, no I havent received a email from you. Want to try again...

o

I have not 1 single a.v.! lol. Would love to try some! If you have some left would you do postage? I love the variegated ones and the double bloom ones. I have no idea the names of these. You all blow me away when you start listing the names. Maybe one day I could do that too. Would someone help me get started? I heard you can start them with leaves...does shipping damage them?

Thanks,
Connie

o

You are awesome rachelcharlie!

o

Hey, do you have anymore that you could exchange for postage? I don't have any to trade. I'm trying to get back starting with AV's. I would be happy with anything, except the mini's. You could email me at crosbyphyllis@yahoo.com, thanks

o

hi, i'd be very interested in leaves for postage. i also have some perennials for the outside garden that i could trade if you prefer. please do let me know. thanks!

o

Hey everyone! Thanks for helping me make some room. As of right now I don't have any more to trade! I hope everyone has a great spring!

o

If you have any leaves for postage at all - don't care what kind or anything specific - please let me know if one might be available!

Thank you!

o

hi, do you have any left? If so, I'd love to trade for postage. I just recently go into AV's and only have 4, but am wanting to increase my collection. Thanks, JOel.

o

I don't know if you have anything left now, but in the future I would love to trade for postage. I would love to have some different types of AVs. I would even be willing to take leaves because I do pretty good getting them to start from the leaves.

o

Because I am just getting started in the flower beds and with houseplants, will trade for postage just to get starters

o

i have a fantasy mini i'd like ness's fantasy gold, but it may be to cold to ship, shoud i see if it survives the winter?

o

Hi . Would you by chance have any African violet leaves or babies to spare? Let me know please. Thanks and God bless.

o

Hi Jessie I sent you an email with what I have to share.
I have a bunch of leaves started with new babies. They won't be ready to send until the spring. I can either send in 2" pots or grow them to 4" pot size. I would just want to be reimbursed for the postage and the pots.
Best way to respond is by email because I don't check this forum page too often.
Joanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here