Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: any type av leaves or plantlets

Posted by alisonfromalabama Z7Montevallo,AL (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 07 at 11:48

I'm just getting starting in av's so don;t have nay to trade but I have lots of unique plants for outdoors. I have crinums, rare white spider lilies (very similar to the even more rare Cahaba Lily, hardy lantana, oakleaf hydrangeas, redbus spalings, nandina, and the common red spider lilies. I make handmade bath and body products including a gardeners soap that is really mild but has lots of scrubbies to help clean grimy hands, and some wonderfully rich and thick handcreams to undo the damage that gardening can do. I am also an artist and have paintings and other crafts to sell. Let me know if you'd like to trade leaves and or plantlets for anything that I have. I'd also be interested in purchasing leaves and plantlets if you will sell them and ship them at a reasonable price. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: any type av leaves or plantlets

Alison,
I sent out my end of the trade (with 25 leaves) on June 8th, it's now the 19th. According to the delivery confirmation/priority you received the package. PLEASE let me know that you did, and if the leaves are ok. I've emailed you several times, with no response.

USPS #0306 1070 0004 0386 6934.

You promised in exchange a lily bulb, a hydrangea baby plant and a few handmade soaps.

I would LOVE to finish this trade, and have the baby plant sent to me before it's too late to plant anything in my area. July is a very hot month, and plants don't do well in the heat.

Deb

o

Alison isn't returning any emails. I hope She's ok... It's now the 21st/June. I'll update this post if/when she completes her end of the trade. Communication on both ends of a trade is so important. It's nice to send a quick email telling the person (who spent an hour packing leaves, labeling each by hybrid variety name) paying priority to ship them safely that the box arrived. If I don't update this thread, the trade fell through on Allison's part.

Deb

o

Never received or heard from this person again. I hope your enjoying all the violet leaves I sent you!

Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here