Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chiquib313

WANTED: Wild Irish Rose & Sunkissed Rose

chiquib313
9 years ago

Looking for a plant of Wild Irish Rose & Sunkissed Rose. If anyone has a starter plant of either one of these, please let me know. Would prefer a small plant and not leaves.
Thanks,
Chiqui

Comments (14)

• Debra Andruska
    9 years ago

Travis violets always carried wild irish rose. I previously ordered from him constantly.
    I had it- but lost it. It's been going around in our RR. So, someone has it. IF you don't find it. Consider Travis, I love his plants! He sends huge starter plants at really reasonable prices. I had Sunkissed rose too. Not sure if he carries it.

Deb

• chiquib313
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have ordered from Travis before and he does send very nice plants. I also used to have Wild Irish Rose which I had purchased from him and lost it. Unfortunately, he is out of stock on it at the moment.

• Brunilda
    9 years ago

Chiqui,
    I have leaves down for both, so if you don't locate we can trade again once the babies are large enough.
    Brunilda

• chiquib313
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Brunilda. I did find Sunkissed Rose but still looking for Wild Irish Rose. Let me know when you are ready for a trade.
    Thanks again

• Vikki
    9 years ago

I too just put down some leaves for Wild Irish Rose.

• chiquib313
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Vivey. Let me know when you are ready for a trade.

• Vikki
    9 years ago

Chiquib313, I just sent you an email.

Vikki

• dbaldwin
    9 years ago

Regarding the interest in Sunkissed Rose, Fancy Bloomers has it in stock now in a 2.5 pot for 5.50. You can use this link at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fancy Bloomers

• dbaldwin
    9 years ago

I would love to find the African Violet named Ann. Does anyone know where I can find one? Thanks

Ann (6649) 06/01/1987 (B. Bryant) Double rose-pink frilled/two-tone center, edge. Variegated dark green, white, some pink, longifolia, quilted, cupped, glossy, ruffled. Large

• fortyseven_gw
    9 years ago

Hello,
    I believe I got the AV called Ann last year from either Jo's Violets, Fancy Bloomers or the Violet Barn. I think it may have been Violet Barn. However, I checked, none of them seem to have it right now. Mine did not look as good as that photo. However, I have been using a water agent for a long time that seems to have caused my plants to not grow and develop tiny crowns. The Ann did not have a lot of blooms, as the one in the photo just has a few blooms. Although they were nice. It might be because of the water conditioner I was using. Many of my plants are convalescing now, so I am not removing leaves until they get back to normal.

I paid a normal price for it. I saw on EBay that someone was selling a plant or leaves for $45. That is crazy!

I would suggest that if you can't find Ann, any of the Apache series are equally pretty. They grow well, have lovely edge variegation, and grow symmetrically. Their leaves are also slightly spooned or wavy like those in the photo above. They are easier to find. Lyon's has a good selection of Apache leaves.

I was on a quest last year to find edge variegated plants with double pink blooms that grew symmetrically. Of the various plants I tried, the Apache series seemed to be the most consistent performers. Joanne

• chiquib313
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks dbaldwin, I was able to purchase Sunkissed Rose earlier but still looking for Wild Irish Rose.

• Vikki
    9 years ago

I love Ann, but right now it seems like she's going for a premium price. ~sigh~

• Debra Andruska
    9 years ago

I found Ann in our RR's several times. I can't propagate the leaves though, they continually ROT! It's a really hard one to make survive, probably due to the high variegation. I'm still looking though, hopefully another leaf or two (or a plantlet) will be in another RR that comes back. ;)

Deb

• Vikki
    9 years ago

Ann is on my wish list too.

Sponsored