Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: varigated or odd violets

Posted by gypsygirl_ky z6 ky (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 2, 06 at 12:23

My neighbors mom lost her whole yard to tornado a month or so ago. She also lost a very envious violet collection. A lot were varigated and some were off flowers on them. She had a great collection, but a kerosene lamp fell off her hutch durning the tornado and spilled oil all over her houseplants. She lost nearly everyone to that or the storm. I have given her everything I could divide from my yard and would like to try to help with her violets, as wal mart doesnt sell varigated and neither do any local sources. Her house is almost back together and I would like to see if I can get some leaved started for her. (I dont grow violets myself, but I used to, so I know how to start leaves) I am willing to trade seeds off my list or send me a link to your seed list and I will see if I have anything on it. I appreciate.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: varigated or odd violets

gypsygirl-

I sent you a direct mail - did you get it?
(kerosine/tornado in a header)

Irina

o

I CAN HELP.. YOU CAN LOOK AT MY PLANT LIST AND PICK WHAT YOUDE LIKE..:)IF THERE AVAILABLE

LISA

o

I can help, too. I have a mini African Violet that is varigated and beautiful with single white w/pink tinged flowers. (i'm sorry, I have lost the name). I also have regular sized variagated w/double pinks. Maybe your Mom can tell me what they are when she sees them. Please let me know your address and I'll be very happy to send them. How do you put a list up? I'm new here. Regards, Dar S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here