Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

wanted: any interest in a round #3, leaf/plantlet rr...

Debra Andruska
15 years ago

I'm really enjoying hosting these 'true' round robin type swaps! It's such a fun way to trade! Take what you want, add what you have! All for just the price of postage!

Let's do one more before it turns too hot (for most areas). I usually don't trade in mid July due to the heat, and usually end up waiting until it cools off in September to trade again a few more times.

Any interest? If so, please post here and email me your personal info/GW name.

I'll start the box off with at least 27 varieties, all named. Please use "Priority" with delivery confirmation. So we can track the box at all times. The box should travel really quickly *up to 2 days* at each destination.

Post when you receive the box, and when it goes out. Plantlets are fine to add to the box, baby plants, leaves, suckers, whatever you have available. All varieties must be named.

Deb

Comments (16)

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I should of mentioned that I'll take signups all this weekend (even Sunday night), and work on the box on Monday morning.

Deb

• angel2008
    15 years ago

Deb, well..of course ..count me in! Do you need all my info or you still have it?? These are so much fun..I love doing swaps like this. This last box (robin 2) had some of your leaves in that are on my MOST WANTED list...lol..Thanks again, CeCe

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Cece,
    I have you down for round #3, and have your info already!
    Thanks for joining!

Deb

• halofive
    15 years ago

Deb, I know i have yet to receive my first box but i will gladly join the RR again! If i get to seperating i may be able to put in some plantlets. I hope more join in....with the USPS click-n-ship you never even have to leave your house!

Brenda

• poohbair90
    15 years ago

Hi Deb,

Can you include me in this round as well. Do you still have my information from round #1?

Thanks,
    Selena

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Selena,
    Yes, I still have your info. :)
    Thanks for joining!
    Let's take signups for one more day ALL DAY/EVENING (Monday) and I'll work on the box Tuesday, and post the box travel list then. Hopefully, a few more will join.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Brenda,
    I somehow missed your post.

Thanks for joining!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I really wanted a few more to join in. Let's extend the deadline for a few more days, so hopefully more join. We can do it with the few that we have. Let's see what happens. The box will go out even if no one else joins.

Any one else interested?

Deb

• barginfinder
    15 years ago

Hi Deb and all

I am new to this forum, but I would love to get in on this round robin!! I have plenty of named varieties that I would love to share with all of you(it's kind of an obsession LOL :-).)

Deb let me know where to email my info so I can participate

Thanks
    Diane

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Diane,
    Email me at Da1763@aol.com with your info. I'm working on the box Monday, it will go out then. Selena (poohbair) will be the first to get it, she has a vacation planned. After I get your info, I'll post here and let you know. We have four in the swap so far.. Cece, Brenda, Selena, Deb.
    Hopefully, a few more join in the fun! You still have time.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Diane,
    Just checked my email, so far your info didn't make it through. I'm working on the box Monday, and sending it out the same day. Make sure your info reaches me soon (by Sunday night).

This is the best swap! Don't miss out on the fun!
    A violet 'show' in a box! How neat is that? Still some time to join!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Diane,
    Your info made it, thanks for joining the Round robin!

Deb

• kbugs405
    15 years ago

I sent you a fast email Deb. I don't get on here very often anymore, but I would love to get in and have lots to share.

Kay

Here is a link that might be useful: kbugsviolets

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kay,
    I received your info, thanks for joining. I'll post the box travel list tomorrow.

This is going to be so much fun!

Deb

• angel2008
    15 years ago

Just wondering...are we still going to do robin 3, or is the weather getting too hot? I see nothing has been posted. Corinne

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Sorry for the delay in posting. I tried to post yesterday and I couldn't get my computer to sign on AOL. Box #1 and #2 arrived back home and I was really disappointed with them. The heat totally baked everything, everything was cooked, brown. I wasn't able to save anything. I was planning on shipping Monday, and it's been in close to 90* all week. So I held off, then when boxes started to arrive I hesitated mailing anything, sorry. Let's hold this swap until it cools off. I'll post a new thread and let's go from there. If anyone feels like starting a Leaf RR, plantlet RR and using fiber glass to line the box, let me know. Leaves/plantlets usually do ok with shipping that way. It's up to you.. I would love to get a few new varieties this summer! If not, let's wait until Fall and I'll start a box.

Thanks for making this so much fun~ I really wish it would of turned out better. 2 boxes of brown leaves is so disappointing!

Deb