Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Silverglades/Looking for...

Posted by debbya z4IL (da1763@aol.com) on
Sat, Jul 5, 14 at 16:51

I'm always going to do this and never do. It's summer- shipping time, so I better try now, or I might put it off again. :(

I previously had every Silverglade (had them by a huge glass window). I lost them from collapse- I had them in Oyama pots, my growing area turned chilly ONE night, and that made the water chill and the plants collapsed, turned brown, clear from cold. This sudden cold wave was unexpected. I was so upset, and was going to go on ebay and try to rebuy every single plant. I just haven't had the time to search ebay. Trading is a little more fun anyway. So, I'm going to give this a try...

This might be easier- do you have any available? I'll even do postage! Or

trade leaves, plantlets. Let me know which ones you have and I'll send you my list of leaves.

I really want them back- I hope they aren't lost forever. Some were really rare, hard to find.
Of course plantlets would be better than leaves. Sometimes leaves don't make it. But, I'll take anything- any Silverglade.

Deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Silverglades/Looking for...

I had the feeling the Silverglades would be hard to find. Thanks to all of you- for even looking at the post. ;)

Think of me in the future- if you find any and feel like trading leaves, plantlets.

Deb

o

Did you try EBay? Someone is selling them, maybe they would have the ones you are looking for.
Joanne

o

I do have a couple, Jewels, Meadows, Moon, Spells and Trinkets, but they're either just potted leaves or newly separated baby plants. Also, I don't know how hard to find any of these are. If you're interested in any, let me know and I'll try to set one aside and we can do another trade once they're larger.

Vikki

This post was edited by vivey on Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 17:06

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here