Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: wanted: quite riot plant...please!!!!!

Posted by floridabear 10b (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 07 at 17:59

IF my posting of what happened to me on EBay has not been erased yet. I finally had a BIG Quite Riot. I bought a BIG one..not a little Solo cup starter sized one. But it arrived dead. SO...does anyone have a BIG one..or one that is blooming size??? And want to trade or sell it?? I want one so badly,I have paid for 7 so far. I have 0 now. They have all been starter sized little ones, till this last BIG one, that arrived dead! All I want is 1 Quite Riot. I thought I was finally getting a big blooming one for only $2.99, and all I got was 'the shaft'! So..does anyone have one to sell or trade or something? I want one so badly. PLEASE!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: wanted: quite riot plant...please!!!!!

Where have you bought 7 quiet riots that didnt live? Some plants I've bought off ebay were great and others not so great, but I've never had a disaster. Its hard to justify spending that much on postage for a dead plant isn't it? I'm sorry that happened.

Did you try Rob's Violet Barn. They have quiet riot listed in their discriptions. If you explain your problem getting a nice quiet riot plant, maybe they could send you a bigger one in bloom.

Good luck with your quest. It is a pretty flower. Sorry I can't help. tish

o
RE: WANTED: wanted: quite riot plant...please!!!!!

I have bought them all on EBay from different sellers. They have all died within months of geting them. Then this last one was HUGE and is bloom and looked wonderful in the auction. What I got was a moldy dead mess,by the time it got to me. It was sent by priority mail...but it took over 5 days to get here. So it arrived 'cooked' and dead. And the seller refused to replace the Quite Riot...I was willing to loose the money of the other 2 violets..but she wasnt willing to compomise. And told me "to bad,I dont guarentee plants in the mail". 'Thats why the post office wont insure the boxes of violets.' That was her response. So she got her money and I got a box of dead violets. Including my first BIG Quite Riot. They tend to get mites within months of me getting them. Yet I dont have mites BEFORE I get the violet. And it always seems to happen to Quite Riot.

o
Who has Quite Riot???

Do you have a internet address for Rod Violet Barn? I cant find it anywhere.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here