Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

WANTED: African violet/leaf plantlet exchange... Box #1

Debra Andruska
15 years ago

I would LOVE to host this one or two more times before cold weather makes it impossible to trade. Don't you want some new varieties to play with all winter? I do! Let's make this simple, add what you have, take what you want! Keep the box no more than 2 days, ship by priorty with delivery confirmation. Delivery confirmation allows us to track the box at all times and with violet leaves/plantlets, it's a necessity. I'll start the box out with 25 varieties, keep it at that at all times. And please, if a variety perishes, replace it with leaves or a plantlet. Leaves or plantlets can be added, it's up to (what you have extra). I can't promise that plantlets will be in the box at all times, but you never know what someone will be sharing with you! ALL VARIETIES MUST BE NAMED, clearly labeled.

Let's get this started, going soon! Even if we only have a few joining, that's still ok. The box will travel quicker. I'll have it occasionally stop back here for a refill (and to check to make sure dead packages are removed).

I can't wait to start! Just think.. exchanging violet leaves, plantlets for the price of postage only! Nice way to get new varieties in your collection!

Deb

Comments (50)

• cedarnest
    15 years ago

Deb!! Long time no see!! I never could resist your av swaps..lol..count me in..I will send you an email with my new info..lost all the old when my puter died last winter..feels good to finally be back and just in time the way it looks..lol : )..
    Nancy

• angel2008
    15 years ago

Hi Deb, Of course I will join in, after all you joined in mine. We should have a good collection to play with over the long winter months. Do you need all my info again? Corinne

• lindamcgoo
    15 years ago

Hi deb I would like to join to emailing you my information again thanks for hosting this swap
    Linda

• halofive
    15 years ago

I would love to join in again! i will email you my info!

Brenda

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have everyone's addresses, thanks for being so prompt! Hopefully a few more will join in over the weekend. I would love to start this September 8th. If that's ok with everyone. Or should we wait an extra week? Is it still really hot in your area?

Deb

• luviolets
    15 years ago

This sounds like fun. I'd like to join if it's not too late. I'll send you my address.

Donna

• cedarnest
    15 years ago

The 8th sounds good to me Deb..I am ready whenever : )
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi,
    A quick update. I have everyone's info so far.

Nancy
    Corinne
    Linda
    Brenda
    Donna

I'm waiting for our temperatures to cool off a little. Today was really hot, 92*! Next week looks better 70's! I can't wait! ;)

Anyone else want to join in?

Donna,
    I'll email you later tonight and give you a brief description on how to mail plantlets.

Deb

• poohbair90
    15 years ago

Hi Deb,

I would love to join this again. Can you add me to the list? Do you still have my address info?

Thanks,
    Selena

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi,
    A quick update. I have everyone's info so far.

Nancy
    Corinne
    Linda
    Brenda
    Donna

I'm waiting for our temperatures to cool off a little. Today was really hot, 92*! Next week looks better 70's! I can't wait! ;)

Anyone else want to join in?

Donna,
    I'll email you later tonight and give you a brief description on how to mail plantlets.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have no idea why my message posted twice. Hmmm?

Selena,
    Send me your info again. I had some computer problems and lost lots of saved info when I installed vista.

Thanks,
    Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nancy
    Corinne
    Linda
    Brenda
    Donna
    Selena

Any others interested in joining? You still have time!

Deb

• adahlberg
    15 years ago

Hi Deb,
    I would like to participate in the av exchange! Sounds like fun & I have many av's to share. I hope this reaches you in time!
    Andrea

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Andrea,
    Yes, your message made it through and JUST IN TIME! I'm working on the box late tonight and preparing the paperwork (all the labels, addresses) DC papers, etc. The box will go out first thing in the morning. I have a lot of stuff to do today, or I would of worked on the box earlier. I'll post the Priority delivery confirmation number (so everyone can track the box) in the morning too.

Here is the box flight list-
    Sent from Deb to-
    Linda
    Nancy
    back to- Deb out to-
    Brenda
    Selena
    Back to- Deb out to-
    Andrea
    Corrine
    Donna
    Home to- Deb

I'm having the box stop back home every few stops, so I can refill it (add new varieties) and pick out some new ones too! I'm so board with my collection! ;) I can't wait for this to start!

REMEMBER- Keep the box no longer than 2 days! Always post here when the box arrives, and goes back out. Also post a Delivery confirmation number here so we can track the package. Other than that, LET THE FUN BEGIN! Start trading!

Hugs,
    Deb

• cedarnest
    15 years ago

Woo hoo!! getting excited now Deb..: )

• lindamcgoo
    15 years ago

I am so excited looking for the Robin box to land
    Linda

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The USPS #0308 0730 0001 2991 3390.
    It's on the way to Linda! ;)

A few sneak peeks in the box~
    Silverglade Beads- hard to find!
    Silverglade Ripples- hard to find!
    Firebird (an old vintage)
    Kermit
    Mormors mossa (Swedish)
    Lisa Louise (Wasp)
    Plus more! 25 varieties, total!

Let's keep this moving quickly!

Deb

• cedarnest
    15 years ago

ooo Deb I love the sneak peek...Can't wait..this will be *Fun* : )

• lindamcgoo
    15 years ago

I Got the robin box yesterday had blast going though it give sneak tomarrow nite mailing box on way to son wedding
    confirmation # will be 03080730000129913406 in a few min
    thanks for letting me play
    Linda

• lindamcgoo
    15 years ago

Sneak peek Powder Keg, Beethoven, Teffeta blue, some plantlet some leaves and a few others
    Linda

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow, sounds neat Linda!
    Nancy,
    The box is on the way to you!

Hugs,
    Deb

• cedarnest
    15 years ago

ooo I am Realllyyy excited now!! I have everything lined up already to put in the box as soon as it arrives..all I need to do is cut and pack the leaves and pack the plantlets right before I head back to the po with the box to send it back to you Deb ..lol..this is too much fun : )
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• cedarnest
    15 years ago

I had a blast going thru the box when it arrived thismorning..what a wonderful collection..found a few I couldn't live without of course..lol..It is now stocked with even more I thought you might like and heading back to you Deb..you should have it on Wednesday..
    #0103 8555 7494 8624 6388

Thanks for the really fun rr..I can't wait til the next one : )
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nancy,
    The box just arrived! I was only able to peek through it for a second. The Ramblin' Peach trailer didn't make it, it smashed during transit. If possible, (and you join in another RR), I'll have you right behind me again, please send me a leaf or another baby (if possible). I've wanted Ramblin' Peach for sooo long! I LOVE trailing varieties, especially the "Ramblin' series" ;)

Hugs,
    Deb

I'll start up another RR tonight or tomorrow (*Round #2).
    I'll let you know when box #1 goes back out. I didn't have a chance to go through it yet, it just arrived.

Be back later!

• cedarnest
    15 years ago

Well poo Deb...I'm sorry to hear that..I was really hoping out of everything that Ramblin' Peach would make it safely to you..the box was really full..I will definitely be in the next one..these are so much fun.. so that will work out great..if you want you can even stick me in again a little later down the list this time again...lol..
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, the box is totally refreshed and ready to go back out! Brenda's next! USPS #0307 0020 0003 4317 6022

Sneak peek~
    Silverglade Swans (almost impossible to find)
    Gold coins
    YOKI (Japan)
    Silverglade Blushes (another really hard to find)
    Silverglade Moons (same as above)
    Heartland's Heirloom Lace
    Ma's Blue Turtle
    Species Pendula

25 varieties..

Deb

• halofive
    15 years ago

I love the sneak peek! i can already tell im going to have a blast going through the box, cant wait!!!!

Brenda

• halofive
    15 years ago

I received the box today and had a great time going through it. I am packing it up right now to send it out tomorrow. I will post with the DC# tomorrow.

Sneak peek:
    Pow wow
    Pandoras Box
    Green Dragon
    Milky Way Trail

• halofive
    15 years ago

the box is on its way ! DC# 0307 0020 0003 4317 6060

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Brenda,
    I just was curious to see how fast priority's running, and the box's DC# came back as "no record of this item." Could you double check on the DC number? Thanks!
    Priority seems to be taking a little longer lately, that's why I thought I would check to see the status of the box.

Deb

• poohbair90
    15 years ago

I just received the package today. What wonderful surprises there were! I'll be sending it out tomorrow.

• poohbair90
    15 years ago

Hi Deb,

I just sent out the package this morning. The DC# is 0307 0020 0003 4317 6077. Thanks so much for organizing this... I can't wait until the next one!

Sneak peaks: pink summit, optimara everlove, and a variety of Rob's

• halofive
    15 years ago

Deb,

I went to check on it yesterday as well and saw that is said 'does not exist' then i looked at my receipt and apparently they did not like the DC sticker i put on it and placed a different one in its place. When i checked it, it had already been delivered. I'm glad it made it safley.

Brenda

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just assumed it was a typo error (wrong number). ;)
    Glad the box made it so quickly!
    This RR's moving fast! ;)

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I received the box last night. Our wonderful post office person left it by the door. I had no idea it was there! He usually rings the doorbell. Our weather is cooler, and everything in the box is fine! I'm going to repack it tonight with all new/FRESH varieties, and mail it off tomorrow. I'll post a delivery confirmation number when the box get's mailed tomorrow.

This is so much fun!
    I'll post more tomorrow!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The box is delayed until Monday, sorry. Our weather changed drastically! It dropped to the low 40's every night, and tonight frost is expected. I've been busy bringing in all my outdoor potted plants that I wanted to keep. The cold front is only temporary, by the weekend it's warming back up again. I'll work on the box Sunday night, when the kids go to sleep- refill it with fresh varieties, and mail it out on Monday morning. So sorry for the delay! I just couldn't send the box out with the temps being that chilly! Anyone else having weather problems?

I'll post the DC# on Monday when the box back out.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok,
    The box is fully packed and ready to go! Andrea, the box is on the way to you! USPS #0307 0020 0003 4317 6084

A few sneak peeks~
    Lubimaya Dochka (Russian variety)
    Bishop
    Ancient Lace
    Deadly Sting
    Anice prior
    Harmony's Frilly Dealy
    Heartland's Heirloom Lace
    YOKI (Japan)

Enough sneek peeks, LOL!

Hugs,
    Deb

• adahlberg
    15 years ago

Nice job ladies! Just got the box today and I'm having such fun going thru it. It's so nice to get something special in the mail. I'll be sending the box off tomorrow and will let you all know the confirmation # asap. Thanks so much,
    Andrea

• adahlberg
    15 years ago

Alright girls,
    I just sent out the box. Confirmation #0307002000343176091
    I put the newly cut a.v.s on the bottom of the box.
    Sneek peeks:
    Wrangler's El Diablo
    Appleblossom
    Kalamazoo
    Optimara Maine
    Optimara Rita
    Valentine

Enjoy!!! Next up is Corrine. Thanks Deb for all the fun! What a pick me up! Let me know the next time around because I missed Box #2.
    Andrea in California

• angel2008
    15 years ago

I cant wait! I just checked the number, but it came back as no such number. Sure hope the USPS is wrong and it arrives here tomorrow ..I will be home, and that will be such a nice surprise, plus having a day to myself! Corinne

• adahlberg
    15 years ago

Sorry about the wrong #. I think I left out a 0.
    Let's try again. #0307 0020 0003 4317 6091
    I hope that helps and I hope you get the box soon! I sent it out Oct. 10th.
    Andrea

• angel2008
    15 years ago

The robin arrived today with the box. I picked out some, replaced about 5 and will send the box out on Monday. I am afraid the way priority mail is going it would sit in the post office over the weekend, since I wont be going back to towm till Friday. I will post the del. number then. Thanks! Corinne

• luviolets
    15 years ago

Hi Corinne,
    What state are you shipping from? I'm trying to gauge when the box will arrive so that I can get my plants ready to put in the box. It's supposed to get pretty chilly in NY next week *brrrr*

I think I'm last before it heads home to Deb, right? Do you have a sneak peek for me? The suspense is about ready to do me in ;-)

Donna

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Label/Receipt Number: 0307 0020 0003 4317 6091

Your item was delivered at 10:58 AM on October 14, 2008.

Hi Corrine,
    If possible, try to get it back in the mail ASAP (Friday shipping would be better than Monday). Monday is 5 days away, plus add time on for priority shipping (another 2 to 3 days). It's getting really chilly in LOTS of areas! Including mine! ;)

Deb

• angel2008
    15 years ago

Deb, my box was picked up, not delivered.. on the 15th, I was home on the 14th so it should of been delivered right to our home. (unless we had a sub carrier and he was just to lazy to deliver it...lol. ) This is the first time that has ever happened,plus our postal carrier knows if someone isnt home to leave it at my sons house right next doo. So, I am not sure why it is saying it was delivered on the 14. I will get it back in the mail ASAP, like I always do, but I cant see it sitting over the weekend! I'm in northern Wisc. its getting cold here as well. Corinne

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Just checking the status of the box.

Corrine,
    Did you mail it yet? Also, please provide a delivery confirmation #.

Any 'sneak peeks' for Donna?

Deb

• angel2008
    15 years ago

yes, Deb..the box went flying out on Saturday morning,about 5 minutes before our post office closed, to Donna. Here is the delivery conf. number 0307 0020 0003 4317 6145. I will post the sneak peak tonight. Corinne

• greenthumbgrow
    15 years ago

I see I am posting this at the end of the game... :-( however I just joined and this was the first thread I saw. I have been reading it and getting more excited by the entry. I LOVE african violets. (I try not to take leafs everywhere I go its just reaaallly hard. I am trying to reform (leafaholic) hehehe ) Anyway I was hoping that you would be able to let me know when you would be starting this up again in hopes I could join. Please let me know.

• luviolets
    15 years ago

Box arrived Tuesday, refilled and sent it on it's way back to Deb this afternoon. Tracking number is 03073330000124302539.

Donna

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sorry for the delay in posting, I've had a lot going on, and have hardly been on the computer.

The box arrived on Saturday (last week) and everything arrived in perfect condition! Donna sent lots of plants and leaves! Thank you so much Donna!
    Also, thanks to everyone that participated in the round robin!

This was so much fun!

Deb

Sponsored