Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: All violets died in heat...want to trade for leaves or p

Posted by Ceropegia00 none (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 19:21

I went on vacation a few weeks ago and bagged up my violets before I left, hoping they would be fine. Well, when I came back all of them had turned to brown mush...seems we had a giant heat wave here while I was gone and they basically cooked inside their bags even though I barely watered them.

So, therefore I'm looking for some new plants to trade for! I don't have much in the way of violet leaves at the moment, but I have lots of Episcia (including Cleopatra) that I can trade with and 6 Kohlerias as well. I also have Ceropegia woodii and C. woodii variegata, Crassula perforata, Aloe "Christmas Carol" and 3 begonias.

As far as violets go, I have leaves from a few specimens that managed to survive...I have "Sierra Sunrise", "Irish Laughter", "Pretty Poison" and "Azure Sky" (that was mislabeled as California Victory though, so I'm not 100% sure that's what it is)

If anyone is able to trade with me I would really appreciate it! I would love plantlets but I will trade for a couple of leaves too. If you want to see pictures of any of my plants or want to know exactly what varieties of other plants I have let me know! I would love violets with pink and green flowers, pink flowers with blue fantasy and vice versa, and a few specific varieties to replace the ones I lost: Sunkissed Rose, Jean Pierre Croteau, Glass Slipper, Butterfly Garden, and Rob's Itchy Britches.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: All violets died in heat...want to trade for leaves

I have some baby plantlets I could send. But they are not the varieties you listed and probably not the colors you asked for either. But, if you want to know what I have you can email me. These are ones I've had a hard time getting the lighting right for so they haven't been growing but they are healthy and probably just need a new start somewhere else.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here