Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vivyip

wanted: noids in trade please...

vivyip
15 years ago

Hi, this is the first time I'm posting and I'm a newbie to African Violets. I think I have 3-4 types of African Violets, but practically all of them I think are NOIDs(? I'm really new) I'm sorta hoping to just get a variety. I'm willing to trade some leaves, as long as whatever might be in trade just is different from what I have (http://picasaweb.google.com/vivyip/Violets)

My friend's assistant has several pots and when I asked if I could grab a few of the leaves that she threw into the trash, she said I could cut more...so, my violet phase was reborn. While she had several different types, I didn't know at that time they had names or anything. (Any names are guesses from me based on the AVSA pictures...)

The sorta easy one I ID'd might be a "Hello Sunshine." To me, it's a monster. ^_^ (It's huge!) It's really easy to propagate (2-3 weeks to have roots and a plantlet(?)) and now 5 months later, there are flowers coming out. It grows so easily...

The other two are sorta a surprise for me because at that time I didn't want to know what color...I just chose based on different leaves.

Anyway, I'm easygoing...if you have any leaves that you'd be willing to throw away anyway, I'd be willing to trade what I think is "Hello Sunshine" and mail the leaves in an envelope for a trade. (I'd also appreciate any advice on how to mail leaves in an envelope since my mental image is using a bubble mailer and ziplocs and stuff ^_^)

I'm not sure of the my absolute last one becuase I got that because I was trimming a scientist's violet (it really needed to be repotted and it looked as if it was wearing a bad dress) and it didn't have any blooms, the scientist left the company under bad circumstances (so I couldn't ask) and I thought it was a miniature...It took 6 months to propagate and now I just know it's probably NOT a mini...I'll take a picture when it blooms (how long does that take from the little bud of a flower to actual blooming? oh well)

Anyway, anything I have is up for a trade or a freebie if you're willing to chance on my mailing technique. ^_^

Thank you for reading this and I hope I don't sound too stupid.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Native Plant Scapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Your Friendly Native Plant Landscape Designers in Loudoun County