Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

WANTED: Any interest in a 'Fall' plantlet/leaf swap?

Debra Andruska
16 years ago

Is there any interest in a "Fall" violet swap? We could do a plantlet/leaf trade? Plantlets or leaves could be sent, whatever you have available. I'm sure some of you need the space for new varieties. ;)

Let's make this a quick swap. I'll take signups for the next week. Post swap Pal's the next day, and the box mailing date would be Sept. 15th.

All boxes should be mailed out by priority with delivery confirmation.

Deb

Comments (36)

• rachelcharlie
    16 years ago

I have plenty of plantlets and leaves I could trade! Some are named and some are not. I would love do this leaf swap. IÂm not exactly sure how this works but I definitely want to be involved!

• cajunkisses2007
    16 years ago

I'd be interested. :)

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm so glad there is some interest in the swap! Trading violets/leaves is such a fun, cheap way to get some new plants/varieties to play with during the dreary winter months. The boxes should be sent out by priority (USPS) priority usually arrives with in two or three days, quickly enough so that the babies, leaves don't sit in the box long. Let's make this worth the priority postage. Would everyone be able to send 15-20 items?

Send me your name/address and I'll pair you up with a trade swap Pal (by email). Let us know by posting here that the box is being mailed, post a confirmation number (USPS tracking number) and that's basically it! Also post when the box arrives and tell us what you received. Wrap your babies well for travel! Give them a good drink the night before packing. Label your plantlet/leaf by variety name. When including no-names, please label it clearly.

Hopefully, a few more will join with in the next few days. When Emailing me, please write "Fall Plantlet swap" so I don't accidentally delete your email. I get tons of spam mail.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Anyone else interested?

Deb

• vall3fam
    16 years ago

I'd like to join in! I'll have some plantlets by then, and of course, lots of leaves! Most of mine are semis/minis, so hopefully someone likes those. If someone doesn't have a bunch, I don't need bunches in exchange. Let me know!

Elaine

• manyminis
    16 years ago

Count me in! I have plantlets, and leaves mostly verigated. Dont really have much luck with semi or minis, so wouldnt really want any of those. Let me know. CeCe

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm glad to see there is some interest in trading! Please send me your info (name/address) by email.

Da1763@aol.com

Thanks!
    Deb

• cajunkisses2007
    16 years ago

Deb you have mail, with questions. :)

Thanks,
    Belinda

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Belinda,
    I emailed you back!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Checking in again! It's been so hot (mid 90's) for several weeks. Finally later on this week the temperatures are going to break, low 70's starting Monday! I'll check in again tomorrow, go through my email and will contact each of you with your trade pal's name. Hopefully, a few more will join in ASAP!

Deb

• erlyberd
    16 years ago

Count me in. I'm looking for micro mini, mini and semi mini leaves only.

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi,
    The swap isn't going very well. Elaine had to drop out, I don't have any info for- Rachelcharlie, Manyminis, Erlyberd.

The only person who sent in their info is- Cajunkisses/Belinda.

I'll give this a few more days. And I'll update this thread often once more join (and send in names/addresses).
    If more don't join with in the next few days, I'll try again in the spring.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I went through my email (in the spam section) and found a name/address.

Rick F. interested in trading 12 leaves (mini/semi for mini/semi).

Deb

• rachelcharlie
    16 years ago

I did send you my info a while ago. Maybe my email went to your junk mail. I also just last week send you the an email response to the email you sent me. Did you get it? i will email you again.
    -RachelCharlie

• vtstar
    16 years ago

Hi, I just found this message, and yes count me in on the swap. I have a little of everything, standards, semi & mini's. Would like mostly semi's, the space problem again. Janice

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Deb,Good thing I decided to check out some of the other forums today.I just now saw this.If you are still taking signups please add me to the list.I think you have my address?I have alot of duplicate plantlets and leaves that could use a new home and of course..I am always looking for more..lol : )
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

RachelCharlie,
    Yes, I have your info, thanks!

Nancy,
    I have your address too! Thanks for joining! These swaps are usually so much fun!

Deb

• erlyberd
    16 years ago

Deb, You recieved my messege in your spam? I'm Rick F.

Have about 12 mini/semi mini will trade with mostly the same but could throw in a couple standards. rfiore06@intergate.com

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Erlyberd,
    Yes your message did come through. I had no idea you were Rick. Your first message ended up in my spam section. AOL presorts all email, so I really can't explain why they threw it in the spam section.

Ok,
    WE ARE READY TO TRADE!! SWAP CLOSED!!

Janice is sending to Nancy
    Nancy is sending to Deb
    Deb is sending to Rachel
    Rachel is sending to Rick
    Rick is sending to Belinda
    Belinda is sending to Janice

I really wish more would of joined! I can't promise that you will receive exactly what your looking for! But, I tried to pair up swap Pal's the best I could!

Now, LET THE FUN/TRADING FINALLY BEGIN!

Please send ALL BOXES out by priority, with delivery confirmation and POST HERE when your package goes OUT and is RECEIVED!
    Please send your boxes out ASAP. Weather is quickly changing in some areas.
    Pack your violet leaves, plants, plantlets carefully! Remember to be generous, everyone LOVES surprises, extras.. (make it worth the priority postage)! Add a few of your favorite pots, extra cups (for propagating), plant markers, favorite fertilizer, permanent markers, brushes, sponges, etc. to make your box extra special!

After writing this, I'll email everyone all swap Pal info.

Deb

• manyminis
    16 years ago

Deb, I dont see my name on there at all...and I have my emails were you mentioned you were going to trade with me. Whats up????? Now you say its closed??

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Cece,
    I don't have your personal info (name/address).
    Several people emailed me when the swap wasn't doing so well offering to trade with me. But, never sent in any info.
    I'll gladly trade with you, email me directly, and let's set up a trade.
    Everyone's been patiently waiting for the swap to continue, I had to assign swap Pal's. Our area is under a frost warning for tonight, so my trading time is very limited. We usually have a few weeks warmer weather, and that's it.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I did receive an email asking what to send.
    I thought I explained it clearly. Let me go over it again.
    This is YOUR swap, you send what you have extra of- all must be NAMED varieties though. You can send plantlets, plants, leaves. It's UP TO YOU! When you signed up for the swap several of you asked for "Mini's/semi's" or didn't even send a list. So, I then paired you up with someone who hopefully will send you what you want. As for the amount of what your getting/receiving, it's up to you on how generous your willing to be. All that I ask is, PLEASE make the box special. If you can't add as much as you would like, add in pots, fertilizers, solo cups, soft leaf brushes, bamboo sticks (I use them to prop leaves), superthrive. Anything that your willing to send!
    Send the box priority with delivery confirmation, and post when your box goes out and post again to share all the 'goodies' you received.
    This is the fun part! Now, let's enjoy it!

I'm sorry to those of you who didn't send me the required info on time. I'm also sorry to those of you who didn't answer emails on time if your still in the swap (or wanted to trade with me either). This swap can't go on forever.

Deb

• cajunkisses2007
    16 years ago

Deb you did a great job organising it. Thanks!

I will be mailing mine out on Monday morning to Janice. Looking forward to getting my goodies from Rick. :)

Thanks again Deb!

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

I will be sending mine off to you Deb, Monday or Tuesday at the latest.I will be back to post the confirmation as soon as they are on their way.Thanks so much for organizing this.I needed a little excitement in my life..lol.. and we all know there is nothing more exciting than sharing and receiving some new av's : ))
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Nancy for letting me know!

Giving this a bump, so we all see our swap Pal info! If you didn't receive your info (and are on the swap list) please let me know!

Deb

• vtstar
    16 years ago

Nancy,
    Your goody box went out this morning. The tracking number is 0307-1790-0000-9069-9187.
    Hope you like what I sent. Now all I have to do is wait patiently for my box to arrive.
    Janice

• cajunkisses2007
    16 years ago

Janice,

Your goody box went out this afternoon. The Delivery Confirmation Number is: 0306 0320 0003 2248 1695
    Hope you like it. Please let me know when you recieve it.

Happy Growing,
    Belinda

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow, I'm impressed 2 boxes going out today! Mine will go out tomorrow. I'm running a little behind!

Will check in later!
    I can't wait to hear about all the neat varieties you receive!

Deb

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Thanks Janice,I am looking forward to it : )

Deb I just got back from the Post Office and yours is on the way..#01038555749194634347

Hope you Like : ))
    Nancy

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Janice!! thank you sooo much.I am just like a kid at Christmas..I love everything you sent.You really fit alot of things into that box! I received at least half a dozen different varieties of named leaves and a bunch of different varieties of named plantlets too and also a cutting of columnia malissa...which reminds me I need to go back and make a list of them all before I forget..I should have done that before I posted... but I am so excited I just wanted to make sure I let you know they arrived and thanked you right away... I never had even one of anything you sent....lol..Looking forward to seeing them grow and bloom.I am off now to pot up my new babies and get my leaves struck.If all of these leaves make babies I will be up to my ears in blooms in no time!Thanks so much again for the lovely box Janice!!
    Nancy

...and Thank you Deb for organizing this swap : ))

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

My box went out today for Rachel! USPS #0307 0020 0003 2229 8240.

Nice box Nancy!

Deb

• vtstar
    16 years ago

Belinda,

I got your BIG goodie box today and immediately had to open it and see what you sent. You outdid yourself with the selection. You sent 18 different plantlets and leaves and a few suckers, and a bonus of some premade labels which is great.

Is there any chance the one you listed with the picture on the AV site as "lovely surprise" would happen to have a couple of leaves there too????? That one really caught my eye......

Thanks again for trading this round, they are always fun.

Janice

• cajunkisses2007
    16 years ago

Janice you are very welcome. I'm glad you liked my goodies.

No sorry "lovely" surprise wasn't in there, I didn't have any spare leaves of that one to send. The leaves I cleaned off her are put down for babies to see if she blooms true in the next generation. Will be happy to share some of her babies with you when I get them tho. Maybe in a future trade?

Happy Growing!
    Belinda

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nancy's package arrived! Let me share with you what Nancy sent!

Leaves
    Tomboy blue
    Rob's Ooey Gooey
    Looking Glass
    Steel Blue
    Rob's Peedletuck
    Opt. Little Rose Quartz

Strep leaves
    Crystal Ice
    Space Dust
    Winter mint

Episcia stolen
    Chocolate velour

3 Achimenes Butterfield bronze rhizomes

Chirta Spadiformus plantlet

8 cups (mini ones for starting leaves)

Thank you so much Nancy! I love everything you sent! I don't have any of the varieties! I love these swaps!

Deb

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

You are most welcome Deb! Happy to hear you never had any of them : )Thanks so much for hosting this..These exchanges are so much fun.
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks to all that participated! This really was so much fun!
    **Swap Closed**

Happy Growing!

Deb

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA