Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

WANTED: Box of mixed gessie cuttings for plantlets!

Debra Andruska
9 years ago

I can do 2 boxes of mixed gessie cuttings-
Primulina leaves- previously were 'chirita'
Streptocarpella, petrocosmea (species 5),
Kohleria, episcia, just a basic box filled with 20 different
Named items! I might toss in a few violet leaves too! Whatever needs grooming! Total-20 items/20 baggies!

In exchange for 20 plantlets- violets!
I'm realizing that I have way more mixed gessies than violets and want to
change that! Violets are my favorite!
I just get caught up in growing anything!

2 boxes- I can ship them out Monday!

Must be in exchange for 20 African violet plantlets!

Deb

Comments (9)

• Vikki
    9 years ago

Are you looking for established AV started plants or plugs?

Vikki

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Vikki,
    I asked for plantlets- because they bloom so much faster than leaves. :)
    I'm sending cuttings, leaves, so something tiny in exchange is fair. I don't expect a show size pizza violet for a primulina leaf, even though the primulina leaf might be hard to find/and variegated! I'll take any violet- I didn't realize that I grow way more other gessies than violets, until I started making up the baggies for the RR. I used to have only violets, until I started expanding! Now, I really don't have many violets. I lost some over the winter- and summer. Even though I try to keep the perfect temps, I lose more in the basement. I have a few stands in the utility room/lower level. And now- I just started a violet room, in a spare room! I'm excited, I have a feeling that the violets are going to do much better in a warmer room. So, I'm putting together stands upstairs. I previously grew everything in a solarium, I never lost any plants in that room. The humidity and light were perfect! But, I'm living in two places, so- I gave up that room for the 'other house.' My Mom died- so I have 2 places.

Plugs are starters/little- those would be perfect. Or tiny plantlets... just taken off the mother plant are fine too. I can usually make anything grow.

Deb

• Vikki
    9 years ago

Let me see what I have available. I know I have a bunch of small babies recently separated. Too small to list on eBay as starter plants (they're still under a dome, but old enough to travel. I'll get back to you on it probably tomorrow when I have a chance to get back to my violets. Anything in particular you're looking for?

Vikki

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'll take anything- my violet collections tiny!
    I'm sure I won't have any you have! :)
    Smaller the better- they get used to a growing area and do better when smaller! Let me know for sure- and if so, I'll ship mine Monday!

Deb

• Vikki
    9 years ago

I just sent you an email. Vikki

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    9 years ago

One box left! :)

Deb

• Vikki
    9 years ago

Your box left yesterday and is on the way. Tracking 9405903699300253353318.

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Your box was shipped Thursday! I sent you the tracking number in an email.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I guess no more interest.. So, I'll just let the offer drop.
    I'm starting another RR on a different forum, and need the gessie material for that RR. So for now- offer's closed.

Deb

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022