Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Mini african violet seeds or starts

Posted by indianaplantlover 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 5, 13 at 15:42

My son is homeschooled as all my kids have been but he is the final one. He has taken an interest this year especially in my love for house plants. I have a few african violets and he is interested in the mini versions we see sometimes at Lowes. Does anyone have seeds they would be willing to part with for postage as for now I have nothing to trade? Not picky, any color or shape is fine. Just need some things to get him started with. Would do small starts of plants if it's not the wrong time of year to ship.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Mini african violet seeds or starts

Hey I just took the time to look at the exchange forum and I found your posting. Now I'm fairly new to violets myself but back in July I purchased some leaf cuttings to grow. I do have one mini to is actively growing 2 babies. I know there not seeds but I do have this mini that has 2 babies growing side by side. If your interested I'd be more than happy to help out. I fully appreciate a sperated family and can respect tight budgets and all that. If your interested email me and let me know. My personal email is dlsorchids@yahoo.com I can send you a pic of what to expect with the flower color and also send a pic of the plant you would receive. Have a good night. Oh and just put in the header of the email "violets" so I don't mistakenly delete it thinking its junk mail.

Dan

o
RE: WANTED: Mini african violet seeds or starts

Hi Indiana
I don't have minis, I do have some leaf starts with the tiny plants attached of standard size AV's. Your son could see how they plants grew from the leaf, and then have the experience of separating the babies and potting them. I will send you an email. If you are home during the day, probably weather is not going to be a major issue as the delivery trucks are usually heated.
Joanne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here