Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mccaba

WANTED: Jeanette (Volkmann)

mccaba
17 years ago

Hi everybody,

my former mother-in-law has been growing beautiful NOID AV's for a long time, and I would like to get her something special for Christmas. Let me briefly tell the background story before the request.

My MIL's mother has end stage emphezima/lung cancer and recently moved in with them. Her name is Jeanette and I thought it would be nice for Grandma to have a pretty namesake AV to keep by her chair, and my MIL would love the personal meaning, too.

As I was checking out my newly arrived First Class 2, I saw that there is an AV with that name. Here is the info:

Jeanette (Volkmann) Semidouble fuchsia-red/white ruffled edge. Dark green. Standard

Does anybody have a good size starter of that plant? If not, I would be happy with a leaf I can start for them and attach a photo to.

I have leaves from Optimara's Maine II, Georgia, Milennia and a pretty purple/dark leaved NOID. Also some crassula ovata (jade plant) starters.

Right now the weather is not too cold here, and shipping shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for reading this!

Britta

Comments (3)

Sponsored