Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Jeanette (Volkmann)

Posted by mccaba Zone 6 Buffalo NY (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 9, 06 at 21:20

Hi everybody,

my former mother-in-law has been growing beautiful NOID AV's for a long time, and I would like to get her something special for Christmas. Let me briefly tell the background story before the request.

My MIL's mother has end stage emphezima/lung cancer and recently moved in with them. Her name is Jeanette and I thought it would be nice for Grandma to have a pretty namesake AV to keep by her chair, and my MIL would love the personal meaning, too.

As I was checking out my newly arrived First Class 2, I saw that there is an AV with that name. Here is the info:

Jeanette (Volkmann) Semidouble fuchsia-red/white ruffled edge. Dark green. Standard

Does anybody have a good size starter of that plant? If not, I would be happy with a leaf I can start for them and attach a photo to.

I have leaves from Optimara's Maine II, Georgia, Milennia and a pretty purple/dark leaved NOID. Also some crassula ovata (jade plant) starters.

Right now the weather is not too cold here, and shipping shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for reading this!

Britta

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Jeanette (Volkmann)

i sent you an email! if you didn't receive it email me!
rachel

o
RE: WANTED: Jeanette (Volkmann)

• Posted by mccaba Zone 6 Buffalo NY (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 14, 06 at 8:44

Thanks Rachel,
haven't gotten the email yet, but every so often it takes forever for the mail to get in. I'll give it a little and then email you if necessary.
Britta

o
Re: WANTED: Jeanette

• Posted by mccaba Zone 6 Buffalo NY (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 14, 06 at 8:52

Hello again,
I just realized that your email address is not visible on your "My page". Can you change it to include it?
Britta

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here