Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
m3rma1d

Mini Minx

m3rma1d
15 years ago

{{gwi:355145}}

Mini Minx (4056) 09/17/1980 (L. Egenites) Double lavender two-tone/green edge. Girl foliage. Miniature

Comments (5)

• haxuan
    15 years ago

m3r, how could you get "the true purple" of your AV in the photos? It seems I could only get "blue" out of purple!
    I think I have something similar to this one [in bloom form and color], but the leaves are not "girl". [The same with Rising Star, the leaves on mine are not "variegated"]
    Thanks for sharing.

Xuan

• m3rma1d
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Xuan--I usually just mess around with my lighting & positioning of it to get the truest colors I possibly can... Sometimes that means setting up my "stuff" and taking many many pictures while I "re-adjust" until I get it right, but it's worth it in the end...

Sometimes, if all that fails, I can tweak just a little in my photo editing software (I'm old school and outta date & use Paint Shop Pro 5 'cos that's the program I know like the back of my hand, but there are MANY programs available)... But I try to only use this option as a last resort because fixing the color/shade/hue of the blossom will often change the color/shade/hue of the leaves to where they don't look true and I don't like that. (I want the whole thing to look like how it looks in real life, not just the flowers... even tho the focus of my pics are generally just the flowers, I am nit-picky.)

Then there are some plants I can just never get the true color of to show up no matter how hard I try, so I just pick "the closest match" from the stack of pics I've taken while trying. Thankfully, that only happens once in a great while, 'cos it takes a long time for me to "give up" :-D

• ines_99
    14 years ago

I thought Mini Minx was a micromini. Mine is so small, and it is the first I have had, think it was sent to me with micro on the label.

Since you have alot of minis, Mermaid, I was wondering if you could tell me: I know the micros are obviously the very tiny plants, and semiminis are the larger miniatures, but with the ones labeled "mini", are there variations in size in that group? I have some minis that are very small, some that are much larger.

Thanks

• m3rma1d
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi there ines_99 :-)

Nope, I wouldn't call Mini Minx a micro, just a regular mini. Maybe yers is staying "micro" sized because it's being grown in a tiny container? Not sure...

• ines_99
    14 years ago

It is in a small pot, 1oz. I think maybe it is just a rooted sucker that came from a full size plant. I would like to keep it as small as possible, I'm assuming it should stay in the smallest pot possible for it's size.

Sponsored
Style Savvy Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Luxurious Interior Designer & Decorator