Comments (10)

• eeeoeleven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oops... Here's the description:

Double pink/green blossoms. Light green quilted foliage. Standard

• barbara_in_la
    14 years ago

I love Kermit! Do you happen to have a photo of your plant, the whole plant? Though mine hasn't bloomed in a while, I think mine is pretty large. Would love to see yours, if you have it!

• eeeoeleven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is mine when it was blooming:

{{gwi:356123}}

and here is mine today:

{{gwi:356125}}

I think this is my favorite african violet in my collection!

• barbara_in_la
    14 years ago

Hi,

Do you think you could post your photos again? For some reason, I can't see it. It says, "This image or video has been moved or deleted." I'd love to see it!

Thanks,
    Barbara

• eeeoeleven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry! I accidentally took them off my photobucket. Here they are! (with a dime for scale)

{{gwi:356127}}

{{gwi:356129}}

• barbara_in_la
    14 years ago

Wow, your plant looks great and huge!! I think I might have to take some leaves off of mine to get a more uniform growth. :)

Have you noticed your Kermit liking more or less light? I currently have mine in a south-facing window where it received bright indirect light. What size pot is yours in? I think mine is in a four-inch pot.

Thanks for posting the photos!! I love looking at the flowers as well as the plant!

Barbara :)

• eeeoeleven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I also have mine in a south facing window, but its too big to fit into the windowsill so I have it on the counter next to the window. It's got a few new buds coming up on it, although I think it would prefer more light.

Mine is currently in a 4 inch self watering pot. It's way too big to put in a plastic container, so I have it in a heavier pot or else it will tip over!

Do you have any photos of yours?

• barbara_in_la
    14 years ago

Hi! I just took a photo of my Kermit plant. I had it in a west-facing window where (I eventually found out) was way too warm for it. I think that's why the leaves in the center look kind of awful. Reading that you also have yours in a south-facing window, I think Kermit should be all right there! :)

{{gwi:356131}}

• eeeoeleven
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yup, looks like he got a little too much sun! Get him in less light and those leaves should green up and fill out. He's looking good though, got some big leaves! How old is the plant? Mine has only gone through one bloom cycle. Doesn't seem like it blooms a lot, but when it does, wow, those flowers are HUGE and BEAUTIFUL! They last forever, too. Definitely one of my favorites!

• barbara_in_la
    14 years ago

Thanks for confirming my suspicions!! :) I bought Kermit in late spring. He flowered a little after he came home and hasn't flowered since. I suspect Kermit didn't like his old spot, and I'm hoping he'll like his new spot! I just love his name! :)