Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Midnight Sun

Posted by fortyseven 9 CA (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 1:04

First bloom of a small plant raised from a leaf in a north window under a dome. The leaves are very dark green, wavy, curve downward and glossy. The bloom is very deep, dark, velvety red. The camera flash makes the colors seem lighter. Has about 8 bloomstsalks with unopened buds. Small standard from Lyndon Lyon. Very symmetrical. Joanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Midnight Sun

Very pretty plant Joanne.Hope it does well. Would sure like to get a leaf from you some day. Jessie

o

Beautiful color!

o

They're too young to remove leaves, which would ruin the symmetry. I grew them from leaves I salvaged from parent plants. This variety does not grow a lot of extra leaves, it stays small. J

This post was edited by fortyseven on Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 22:00

o

Updated red. Undersides of leaves are same shade of red as the blooms. First bloom cycle.

This post was edited by fortyseven on Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 22:07

o

Very beautiful! I love red too.

o

Very nice plant.

I had a Midnight Sun for a while back in the day .... it was one of my first from LLG.

Unfortunately, I think that my relative AV inexperience back then eventually did it in.

o

About six months ago, after returning from a trip when plants got dried out, I overwatered and somehow managed to kill a matched set of Midnight Sun that I had for several years. I salvaged a few leaves. The result is a flock of these small plants. Fortunately, the plant itself is still available from LLG, the grower. Joanne

This post was edited by fortyseven on Thu, Aug 28, 14 at 14:48

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here