Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bloodyfrancois

Violets

bloodyfrancois
15 years ago

Thanks to M3rma1d . If you hadn't told me about how to

repot the violets , I would have killed them all.

Now they are blooming.

{{gwi:356467}}

Comments (15)

• kolfinna
    15 years ago

Oh, they're gorgeous! :D

Congratulations on keeping them alive. I need to repot mine too... ^_^

~K

• vtstar
    15 years ago

They are something else, man am I drooling. Love the way you have them set up. I assume they are all mini or semi's. Do you grow them under lights and how many hours do you keep them on? Janice

• m3rma1d
    15 years ago

WOW--Now I wish I could take my own advice, 'cos mine haven't looked anywhere near as good as THAT for a long time!!

Good growing, hon! :-)

• dragonfly2008
    15 years ago

Wow. Spectacular !

• bloodyfrancois
    Original Author
    15 years ago

kolfinna - Thanks you for looking at the picture.

vtstar 6 CT- The violets in the picture are mini and semi.I grow them under the light 12 hours a day. And this is the picture
    of the light stand which I applied it from the picture of Fred in NJ posting months ago. Thanks to Fred. I use the PP board to cover the light tubes.

{{gwi:356468}}

• bloodyfrancois
    Original Author
    15 years ago

m3rma1d - I am sure you should take your advice. This is Rob's Pogo Stick, one of the violets that I made a mail-order
    and you saved its live.

dragonfly2008-- Thanks for looking at the pictures.

{{gwi:356469}}

• bspofford
    15 years ago

Nice job with the plants, they look great! And your photo of Rob's Pogo Stick is very eye-catching, what a super little plant.

Barbara

• m3rma1d
    15 years ago

Oh my... WOW!

Glad I could help, but I think you get mosta the credit--that is GORGEOUS!!! Way to go!

• okie_deb
    14 years ago

You could serve that tray to any one of us and we wouldn't mind!
    Lovely group of pretties!,,,,Debbie

• planthoarder
    14 years ago

Hi bloodyfrancois , Can you tell me the potting advice that you have? Would like to make sure I do the same thing when I start my collection. I only have standards right now. Absolutely beautiful plants,thank u for sharing them. Linda in NJ

• bloodyfrancois
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I did not come to this web a while.
    Hi, bspofford.. thank you.Rob's Pogo Stick is a very-heavy
    bloomer. It is always in blooms most of the time.

Mermaid- thank you.

Okkie-deb - Thank you.

Planthoarder -- I am sorry planteoarder, answering so late.
    You might not come and read this. Anyway, I use potting soil with the ratio of peat/perlite/vermiculite =2/3/2.
    I water from the bottom.

Here is the picture of my semi-miniatures taken last Sunday.

Kai.

{{gwi:356470}}

• irina_co
    14 years ago

Kai - what a gorgeous photo! Such happy plants!

I.

• bloodyfrancois
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Irina - Thank you.
    Since I wrote you that my violets did not
    grow so well, and you wrote back that they should be if
    the light, water and temperature are appropriate... I reconsidered about that, so I give them much more light.
    Finally, they do, Irina. They grow very fast and give a lot of blooms. Thank you, Irina. You're the best to me.

Hug, hug.
    Kai

• irina_co
    14 years ago

Kai -

I am very glad - and you have minis to die for! Happy plants - happy owner - but beware - they will take over!

very soon every horizontal surface in your house - will have a fluorescent fixture hanging above it - and you will have more violets than your whole town together.

I just spent a couple hours watering - 60 gallons of a solution, a sump pump and a garden hose.

But - in 3 weeks we have a Show - and i am going to sell a lot of them - will leave the babies - and sell full grown plants.

Irina

• Christine
    14 years ago

Kai, your many-colored plants are gorgeous! They seem to be so happy with the care you're giving them.

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia