Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two micro-mini varieties- PHOTO - Tiny Moon Goddess & Tiny Violet

Posted by rubyfruit 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 22, 07 at 7:51

My two micro-mini varieties - still babies!

Photo from 10/18/07

Tiny Moon Goddess and Tiny Violet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two micro-mini varieties- PHOTO - Tiny Moon Goddess & Tiny Vi

So cute...where do you get those micro minis and where do you get the tiny pots you put them in?
Jan

o

• Posted by korina 9b, Sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 10, 08 at 16:32

I love Tiny Moon Goddess; she's a tough old broad. :-) Oh, she does have one interesting eccentricity -- when she blooms (which is nearly constantly), all the leaves move to one side of the plant. It looks odd at first, but you get used to it.

However, the pots look a bit too large, and they shouldn't be terra cotta (they dry out too fast and damage the outer leaves), and the soil that I see is *much* too heavy; it should be at least 1/3 perlite.

Just kibitzing,

Korina

o

I really want TMG, but I keep getting outbid on ebaY everytime she pops up :-p

o

I keep getting outbid too on TMG. Funny! It's a cute little plant; someday I'll get one.

girlsaylor

o

Sweet sweet babies!,,,Debbie

o

Hi Korina,
From what u posted earlier about pot size what do you suggest is a good size for micros,minis and semis? What are the downfalls to having the wrong size pots? I'm interested in these sizes and need to get educated before buying them. I have only standards now. Thank U for any info that anyone can give me :) Linda in NJ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here