o
Mystic Mermaid

Posted by growhappy z7 MD (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 18, 11 at 18:18

Mystic Mermaid

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystic Mermaid

so nice to see that you have so many types of AVs to grow. Only recently I managed to grow AVs successfully flower many times using a 20W table lamp. I also managed to propagate successfully.

My country temperature is 86F so AVs cannot last long so have to grow them in air-conditioning room ie office. Funny it can survive without air-con for 3 days during weekend and public holidays.

I am envious of you all since 2003 that you all can grow so nice and I can't grow here. Have killed more than 30 pots since 2003 and now I manage to get hold of the techniques. I am very happy that I can grow too. A lot of people gave up buying AVs cos they cant grow. You will notice why I put the subject in Malaysia so that they will not give up growing AVs.

Now with my seat in office is near the window, I will definitely buy a few more pots.

o

Well, that cinches it for me. I was gonna get one on Lyndon's and now there's no question.

o

Just make sure you dont have tinted windows or you will not get the benefit of the natural light.
And ggod luck !

o

I am just starting out in AV's but this is the one Russian variety that I ordered leaves from at Lyon's out of the 18 varieties that I ordered.

o

Is there more than one Mystic Mermaid? I bought this one the other day. It's a double, plum in color but no frilly white/green edge.

The colors in the photo are fairly accurate.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here