Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terrilou_gw

Anyone growing AV's in Swift's Moist-Rite Planters?

terrilou
9 years ago

I ordered a couple of these planters months ago and finally tried one. So far Optimara Modesty seems to be happy. I was wondering if anyone else has tried these planters?

Comments (12)

• jujujojo_gw
    9 years ago

Posted by terrilou 5 Indiana (My Page) on Sat, Jan 17, 15 at 9:08

I have this cultivar for quite a while now. It is very strong! This is not a weak AV cultivar.

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    9 years ago

I think the question was about the pot she's using, Jujujojo - which we can't see in the photo of that gorgeous O. Modesty!
    (I had no idea what this pot was like, but found it on Violet Showcase's web catalog. Scroll down to the bottom of page 8 to see it if you're like me.)
    Question for you Terrilou: how easy is it to reach the re-fill plug once you have lovely symmetrical foliage covering the edge of the pot, as with your O.M.?

Here is a link that might be useful: Swift pot at Violet Showcase

• terrilou
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Its no problem to refill the container with my skinny spouted watering can. The planter takes a long time before it needs refilling. . . Perhaps two weeks or more. A disadvantage is that you can't see the water level & have to go by weight. They are also rather too expensive for anyone who has lots of violets like me.
    Here's a picture of my second pot. I don't care for this shade of green; I thought it would come in the common dark color, but I purchased it sight unseen.

Terri

• HU-942606210
    4 years ago

I just saw thus some 4 years later. My name is Connie “Swift” Cornell. I am the daughter of Jack and June Swift who invented and promoted the moist-rite planter.

My parents have both passed away and I am now the owner of the Swift Moist-Rite company. We are working on getting the moist-rites started up again. Right now we have a few white ones and will probably have them ready in a few weeks. I don’t care for that shade of green either. Will try to get some colors made as well.

You can email me if interested at ConnieBeth46@aim.com

• irina_co
    4 years ago

I think they are more plant friendly than ceramic double pots. Especially if the rubber plug is working well and not letting any air in. Works better on mature plants.

Good luck with your business.

• HU-942606210
    4 years ago

Thank you!

• bayard
    4 years ago

Conniebeth - I am so pleased you will start making these again!

My violets grow best in these planters. I bought up what I thought was the last of these recently in white. I like the black planters better (no algae). Maybe you can make these in brown or dark green?

Bayard

• HU-942606210
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

We are going to do colors as well as white. Will try to get those colors. Here is our email: moistriteplanters19@aol.com.

Our business phone is 918-258-8145. We should have white ones in a couple of weeks and will be starting colors soon after. Planning on getting a web page so people can order directly but not sure when it will be up Will take checks by snail mail as well. Look forward to hearing from you.

Connie

• Connie Cornell
    4 years ago

• Connie Cornell
    4 years ago

We added some new colors to our white planters. We plan on adding two more colors in the next couple of months. We will add lavender and light blue.

If you have any questions our new email is moistriteplanters19@aol.com.

• Connie Cornell
    4 years ago

Also our webpage is www.swiftmoistriteplanters.com

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus