Playful Spectrum

Imp's Fortuitous Fancy Sport

Enchanted Pink

frosty frolic

Summer Carnival

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter Blooms

"Who are YOU?" [said the Caterpillar."], although not to a beautiful group of african violets :-).

That's a lovely chimera and I probably should know it but I'm not up on those. (I bought my first this fall.)

Diana in PA

o

What beauties to brighten up dreary winter days!

o

Awesome pictures. Can you name them for me? There are some there that I'd want on my want list...

Violet :)

o

Hi everyone!!!!

Thank you!

If you hover your mouse over the pic, the name appears.

I think I'm going to put Sedona as my wallpaper. Really love the reds!

Diana- I love chimeras. I buy most of mine on eBay from David Thompson. Actually, I have one that he hybridized blooming now. It's called King David. The one above, Roulette, blooms almost non-stop. Lots of blooms.

o

They are beautiful and I feel silly about not noticing the mousing.

Thank you for the tip on David Thompson. I've consciously tried to avoid chimeras but it's not because I don't like them. I've seen King David but never noticed the hybridizer or knew he sold on eBay. Thanks for the tip in case I decide on another.

(When I ordered from Lyon's, rather late last year, I just asked for an easy one. I have Sweet Tea and it's nice but more ordinary.)

Diana

o

Wow these are so goregeous! Thank you so much for sharing. My flowers are all blooming but one but I do not have so many different colors!

o

Yes, Diana, he is plant_maniac on eBay. I have Sweet Tea also. It's pretty, but I bought it because I really liked the name:)

Wakechick, I would love to see your photos:)

o

Aha! I see the names!!!
Thank you!
Awesome!

Violet :D

o

What gorgeous photos!
Thanks for sharing them

Alexa

o

HI,
I went to facebook and looked at your plants and made a couple comments. On the whole your plants are beautiful but a few of them don;t match the description in FC2. I hope you don't mind that I commented on them. They are all quite beautiful and your photography is excellent.

Princess K'Rei (Lyndon Lyon Greenhouses/Gifford) Single chimera white star/blue-striped pink patches. Medium green, quilted. Standard
I commented on this one because it is supposed to have blue in it. If you ever exhibited it in a show it would be questioned. Other than that it is a beautiful plant.
Fred in NJ

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here