Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
partybra

Searching for a specific cultivar.

partybra
9 years ago

I have been searching for an African Violet cultivar, named- "Wrangler's Pink Patches", and have been unable to locate it for sale, anywhere. I believe that it is an older cultivar, and has been around for a few years, anyway. It is a large standard violet with pink flowers, and beautifully variegated leaves, which is the feature that I am primarily attracted to- it looks like it would be a perfect match to my miniature AV- "Rob's Bad Bunny". I hope that I can find a supplier for this cultivar.

Comments (5)

• terrilou
    9 years ago

Check out Jo'sViolets. She is currently listing this variety as well as other Wrangler's. I have only ordered leaves from her and they were very nice. The website is josviolets.com

Terri

This post was edited by terrilou on Tue, Jan 6, 15 at 14:31

• dottief
    9 years ago

Travis' Violets has leaves of that variety available.

• fortyseven_gw
    9 years ago

Hi, I did get one plant from Jo's Violets 1 1/2 years ago. It was a small size. As it is a variegate, it was a slow grower. It is doing well now. I was glad to be able to get it as the Wrangler's are good choices. For anyone choosing variegates, please allow them time to "come into their own." The variegates are not for those who desire the "instant gratification" of a blooming Optimara that have spoiled us all! When ordering from a hybridizer, the plants are often small and need time to develop. However, it is worth the wait to get some fascinating plants. Maybe you already know this and I am "preaching to the choir," so to speak. But someone on the Forum was kind enough to s'plain that to me, off-line, so I knew what to expect and could be patient. Joanne

• Karin
    9 years ago

Patience, what is that?

I only have one wrangler variety - wranglers boot stompin'
    It is large, and most my av's are minis. Still, I enjoy the variegation enough to keep it around. And the blooms are nice too :)

• fortyseven_gw
    9 years ago

"Patience" was a character in one of those Western novels about a staid New England family that headed to California in a covered wagon in the 1800's. She was the girl who wanted to ride wild Mustangs (the horses, not the cars) with her pigtails flying in the wind. Her great-great-grandaughter now cruises California Highways in her souped up Mustang. When she needs to slow down, she sits in the backyard and watches the grass grow. That is about how quickly AVs grow, actually, not even as quickly as the grass.
    Those times when I craved instant gratification resulted in my acquiring a windowsill of Optimaras. I have read on older posts about Optimaras sprouting quickly, although that is not my experience.
    I learned about patience on this Forum from those who have been raising AVs for a long time. J

This post was edited by fortyseven on Wed, Feb 4, 15 at 16:55

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County