Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarahrg

How to cure leaf tip burn?

sarahrg
11 years ago

I posted in December because my violet's older leaves were turning yellow. People here said to fertilize it and this would green up the plant and start it flowering again. Unfortunately, I am at college and didn't have room to bring it on the bus home with me for Christmas break, so it spent about a month with a friend who had detailed instructions on how to water it and give it light. The issue is that the fertilizer I ordered hadn't come in yet, so it couldn't get fertilized over the month break.

To my dismay, when he gave it back, the yellowing had turned light brown. I figured it was just the product of lack of fertilizer for that month. The first time I watered it after I got it back, I used DynaGro Bloom because I heard it had great results with violets. Normally I water every 5-7 days depending on how long it takes the soil to get dry, and when I looked at it closely today while watering it for the second time since being back, the leaves have turned more severely brown and this includes the younger leaves as well! Is my violet doomed?

The included picture shows the whole plant, and this one shows the leaves closer up (you can see the younger leaves discoloration better). {{gwi:358763}}

Comments (2)