Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fredette's Pretty in Red

Posted by fantasiamm101 CA (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 18, 11 at 18:25

Hi - I have this plant in my collection - but can't find a description on First Class. Does anyone have a description they could send to me?? I would really appreciate any info. I can get. Thanks! Connie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fredette's Pretty in Red

Connie -

I cannot find even the mention of it. Can it be that you are the last who still has it - or there is a possibility of some kind of spelling error? Anyway - treat it really nicely - and post a pic some time. I think we can forward it to Barbara Elkin - the lady who maintains the list of most wanted and lost AVs in AVSA. And she probably remembers if there was such variety. Irene Fredette left us some wonderful varieties - and if we bring one back from obscurity - it will be grand!

I.

o
RE: Fredette's Pretty in Red

Some Fredette's weren't registered and there may not have been an official description.

I'm not familiar with Pretty in Red but Bloomlovers has another one on its site. I've been meaning to email Tina but the only info in the old AVSA magazines is in a couple of ads and it appears that they described it themselves since it's not the same description. There's no record of its registration or the name being reserved. I. Fredette doesn't offer it herself at that time.

Maybe this one is something similar? I'll watch for yours if I get around to sending this info (it's marked).

There are photos in the old magazines that are not in FC2 and I started listing them (didn't know what to do with the magazines!) It isn't among the ones I'd finished but I don't have a complete collection anyway.

Diana in PA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here