Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Powdery mildew

Posted by jessie1754 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 18:35

Hi. I need some help, some of my African violets are getting a white powdery spot on them. I was told it was mildew. What can I do to get rid of it? Please help! I water from the bottom. Jessie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Powdery mildew

Jessie,

Set small pans of sulfur, (available at HD or Lowe's) among your plants. Try to lower your humidity, if possible, and increase the air circulation. Bottom or top watering has nothing to do with PM or anything else for that matter.

I offered the same suggestion to another grower recently and If you read the PM thread from a few days ago, you can see how it worked for her.

Linda

o

Thanks Linda , I just read it. Sure do apriciate your advice. Thanks and God bless. Jessie

o

Thanks Linda , I just read it. Sure do apriciate your advice. Thanks and God bless. Jessie

o

Jessie,

Make sure you let it know how it works for you!

Linda

o

Good air circulation goes a long, long way to combating most molds/fungi problems.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here