Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are their names?

Posted by BrunildaFl 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 1, 14 at 18:57

I have a few AVs and would to label them correctly. I have enclosed photos for the four that are now in bloom. Just getting back into AVs and have just joined the group and have found so much useful information already.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are their names?

My second one

o

Third one

o

The last one....color looks pink in this picture but it actually more violet color.

o

With the anniversary of the Beatles fast approaching ... john, paul and ringo ... might be good as any.Too many varieties out there for an id. We call them noids ... short for no-identification. Enjoy them, they are lovely, and welcome to collecting and the forum ...

˘.˘

dave

o

Where did you purchase these violets? If they came from a big box store or a grocery store they are probably Optimaras. Go to their web-site and there is an ID page that may be able to help. Someone else here mentioned doing a search with the bar code numbers if they are still in their original pots.

I hope this helps and welcome!

Linda

o

Your second plant looks like Optimara Dali. Rita is a possibility for the last. Do check the Optimara site as Linda suggested.

Terri

o

Thank for your help! I did some of them from box stores and some from garden shows. I went to the Optimara and LLG site and was able to locate 10 of them. I will have to wait until the others bloom to locate them.

Terri you were spot on with Rita and Dali - thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here