Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone know what this one is??

Posted by yankeesfansue none (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 23, 13 at 21:56

Hi everyone!
I just joined this board and look forward to it!
Does anyone know the name of this violet? It's lovely but I am clueless as to what it may be.
Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone know what this one is??

Unfortunately, if you receive or purchase a violet without a name, it's best to leave it as a No ID (NoID.) There are over 10,000 registered hybrids, and some people estimate 3-4 times as many have gone unregistered. This leads to a great many plants that look very much alike, but were hybridized using different plants, by different people, at different times. Your plant is quite attractive. I've always been drawn to the very ruffled semi-double to double flowers, and especially the star-shaped ones. Enjoy your plant for what it is, a beauty.

Mark

o
RE: Does anyone know what this one is??

It *is* very pretty, whatever it might be, especially lovely with those variegated leaves. People may say it looks like such and such, but it would only be guessing. Why not give it a name yourself? That's what I've done with a few of my favorite NOID's: named them after my sister or my dear departed Schnauzer. It makes them a bit more special in a way (besides - I don't grow to show so it will never matter to anyone but me.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here