Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cwong_gw

AV leaf issues

cwong
12 years ago

I have had this African Violet for 2 years now and for the past couple months it is been looking bad (see pictures below). I have never seen my plant get like this before and there are hardly new leaves growing and no flowers for 3 months. I removed the suckers and re-potted my plant in Black Gold African Violet about 6 months ago. It's always kept indoors.

I use Schultz liquid fertilizer 8-14-9 about once every 4-5 times I water the plant which is about every 1.5 to 2 weeks when the soil is dry and make sure no water gets on the leaves. I always set out the water overnight before watering to make sure the water is at room temperature and to evaporate any chlorine in the water. I have re-potted my plant in potting soil about 1 month ago thinking the soil became over fertilized and alkaline. It gets regular indirect sun from a northern facing window and the plant is kept between 70 and 75 F. I can't imagine it being a 'leaf burn' because not all the leaves see sunlight.

I have scoured the web for solutions and I do not know what is wrong with my plant. I welcome any advice and suggestions.

Thanks,

Candace

{{gwi:359215}}

{{gwi:359216}}

{{gwi:359217}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored