Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rob's Violet Barn to Canada

Posted by klyde (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 3, 11 at 23:42

Hi again:

Has anyone ever ordered from Rob's Violet Barn to Canada? If so, were you happy with how things went? I'm thinking of ordering some of their begonias, (I know, I know, I'm in the AV forum), but thought I would ask about experiences with AV's as Rob's seems so popular...

Kelly in Victoria

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rob's Violet Barn to Canada

Hi Kelly,

I'm not in Canada. I'm in Colorado. I have ordered from Rob's several times and the experience was great on every occasion. He packs everything well. As far as shipping to Canada, I would not know how things get through customs. I guess I will have to let someone else speak on that.

Larry

o

Kelly -

Robinson sends everywhere and they pack so well - that there is no problem. You pay for the phyto certificate - that's unavoidable - and for winter shipping - extra packing and Fedex. So if you want to be more frugal - it can wait until April.

There were some complaints regarding size of his plants. In my personal experience - the smaller plants adjust better - and so far I didn't lose one single plant when the box came from Violet Barn - they were in a good shape - annd ready to grow fast.

Irina

o

Neat. I've been through the phyto gig before. Save up my $$$ and make one international order a year. Last year Hoyas, this year Begonias and AV's. Get some far-out stuff that way. Good to know about the condition of plants on arrival. I've been told to expect to put their stuff in terrariums for a grow-up period. Can do.

Many thanks
Kelly

o

I am from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I have received plants from Robs several times, but I make arrangements for them to deliver the box to a convention so cost is less.

My experience with getting them through the mail is that plants are in excellent condition, but total cost for me was out of sight. Read their words on the international/Canada section at their site. I think my charges were something like $50 inspection, $60 for postage and another $60 for something I couldn't figure out. I cancelled that order.

Find out if they can deliver them to a convention somewhere near you and save on the cost.

Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here