Return to the African Violets Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Max Maas African Violet Named 'TINA'

Posted by marc1967 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 9, 10 at 1:27

Dear Sir or Madam: I have been thoroughly searching for a source to obtain a leaf of the Max Maas African Violet named 'TINA' without any success. I found a website in Wisconsin and Canada listing this variety but they both apparently are no longer in business. Do you have any sources or suggestions to obtain of leaf of this variety. Thank you so very much for your time and consideration...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Max Maas African Violet Named 'TINA'

Hi,
I'm checking with a friend to see if she may have it.
Fred in NJ

o

HI Marc,
I have located leaves for you so if you send me your address in a private email I will pass it on to her. Just be aware that they won't be shipped till April or May when the weather is warmer.
Fred in NJ

o

• Posted by minimac 6 So In. Louisville (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 9, 10 at 22:42

hmmm, interesting..... Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but Fred don't waste your time. I've been looking for Tina in all my vendors and can't find it, (not saying there isn't one). So, then I did a google search and sure enough there are two references about 'Tina'. When I clicked on it MY computer said ALERT, then all this other stuff came up to press this or that to run a check, and to press something else so my computer would be protected. I think this is a scam. Don't even go there. It's very confusing to try and get out of, and you have to repeat it several times to get out of it. Ran into this on another violet site. You will see some kind of shield. Don't click on it!

Sooo, Marc, just Google it - Good Luck.

Mac!

o

Marc.
There is a Tina and I have contacted the person who has leaves of it. If you are still interested in getting it, I can get it for you without any problems or computer glitches. Email me privately.
Fred in NJ

o

Fred,

I suggest you make up a bundle of all of Max Maas hybrids and send them to a popular commercial. That's what I am doing with a lot of my leaves. When a commercial has the leaves, they will spread them and keep them in the public eye.

Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the African Violets Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here